shape
carat
color
clarity

Giving my daughter-in-law a Sprinkle!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daughter-in-law is having her second baby due mid June! It’s a boy! I gave her a shower when she was expecting with my first grandson. She actually asked me to do it...I went all out for that shower. She loved it...This time I’m giving her a sprinkle because it is her second..and it is another boy. It will be a very small get together with immediate family, and a few friends and their husbands... She wants it to be at their home like the last one...My other house is an hour away so people would have to travel..I had to fill up two cars to get everything there and drive the hour...:lol: I really didn’t mind...I would love suggestions...I was thinking heavy appetizers, wine, beer...cake..I just want my daughter-in-law and son to feel loved and special. I was thinking a minimum of decorating...but want to do something. Please tell me if you gave one or if someone did something for you and you loved it.. Thank you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re so wonderful to do this Joanne. Here’s some ideas that might be fun.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
That is lovely that you are giving your daughter in law a sprinkle! My best friend and I threw one for another friend. Ours was a luncheon and was all ladies. We greeted guests with a glass of champagne or a mimosa. I cannot remember all details because this was several years ago now. We decorated the fireplace with a banner I believe. The food was set out in the dining room and we used a Lilly Pulitzer tablecloth. Since yours is for a little boy I think a light blue linen tablecloth would be gorgeous. We used sterling silver and china and it was buffet style. I made a tomato pie from the Silver Service cookbook. I believe we also had quiches, fruit salad, green salad, and maybe bagels. If you have a beautiful punch bowl you can make a very festive punch as well! Handsome party punch on allrecipes is my go-to. I made the cake, which I decorated very simply. It was a white cake flavored with almond extract, raspberry jam filling, and light pink buttercream frosting. We used a very sweet light pink pennant/bunting from etsy to top the cake and displayed the cake on a gorgeous cake stand as the centerpiece for the table. Knowing my best friend, we most likely had hydrangeas in mint julep cups as floral decorations. I realize this decor/theme might not be everyone's taste, but it suited our dear friend perfectly. I recommend etsy for beautiful/simple decorations.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is lovely that you are giving your daughter in law a sprinkle! My best friend and I threw one for another friend. Ours was a luncheon and was all ladies. We greeted guests with a glass of champagne or a mimosa. I cannot remember all details because this was several years ago now. We decorated the fireplace with a banner I believe. The food was set out in the dining room and we used a Lilly Pulitzer tablecloth. Since yours is for a little boy I think a light blue linen tablecloth would be gorgeous. We used sterling silver and china and it was buffet style. I made a tomato pie from the Silver Service cookbook. I believe we also had quiches, fruit salad, green salad, and maybe bagels. If you have a beautiful punch bowl you can make a very festive punch as well! Handsome party punch on allrecipes is my go-to. I made the cake, which I decorated very simply. It was a white cake flavored with almond extract, raspberry jam filling, and light pink buttercream frosting. We used a very sweet light pink pennant/bunting from etsy to top the cake and displayed the cake on a gorgeous cake stand as the centerpiece for the table. Knowing my best friend, we most likely had hydrangeas in mint julep cups as floral decorations. I realize this decor/theme might not be everyone's taste, but it suited our dear friend perfectly. I recommend etsy for beautiful/simple decorations.

Thank you @OdetteOdile! That sounds so lovely! xo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You’re so wonderful to do this Joanne. Here’s some ideas that might be fun.

Thank you @missy! I will check them out! xoxo

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recently, a buddy got married. He gave me a card with my name on it that was laminated and no explanation. I looked at him weird, and said, "thanks, but I have it memorized". He told me just to be sure and bring it to the wedding.

Fast forward a few weeks, and luckily I actually remembered to take it. A few other buddies had gotten one as well. On the way up to the bar to grab some drinks for me and the wife, a friend whispered to show them the laminated card and I would get a special gift.

It was an open bar, fully stocked, so I wasn't sure how it was going to get any sweeter, but I was willing to play along. When the girl asked what I wanted, I told her I thought she had something special for me and presented her the card. She smiles and says "yep" in a chipper voice. She pulls out a bottle of Crown that had my name on the back of it. She then pulled up another sheet of paper, and says, "I understand your drink tonight is a Crown + Dr Pepper". I smiled, and told her I needed two of them actually as my wife also wanted one.

Back at the table, I learned my buddy had set up our favorite drinks for a select few of us. My drink was not available to anyone but me. Others had their own drinks that wasn't available to anyone else as well.

Such a small thing, but each of us was surprised and it made the night even more fun & special for us, despite it being all about them.

Most guys like liquor, and food. Doubtful you will have a full bar with bartender at your little party, but you may be able to do something similar with appetizers, etc. I've gone to one of the baby showers where both guys and girls go. It was always odd for us guys, and having something unique to make it a little more manly might make it more interesting for all the guests. Obviously the main purpose is the couple and their future bundle of joy.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Recently, a buddy got married. He gave me a card with my name on it that was laminated and no explanation. I looked at him weird, and said, "thanks, but I have it memorized". He told me just to be sure and bring it to the wedding.

Fast forward a few weeks, and luckily I actually remembered to take it. A few other buddies had gotten one as well. On the way up to the bar to grab some drinks for me and the wife, a friend whispered to show them the laminated card and I would get a special gift.

It was an open bar, fully stocked, so I wasn't sure how it was going to get any sweeter, but I was willing to play along. When the girl asked what I wanted, I told her I thought she had something special for me and presented her the card. She smiles and says "yep" in a chipper voice. She pulls out a bottle of Crown that had my name on the back of it. She then pulled up another sheet of paper, and says, "I understand your drink tonight is a Crown + Dr Pepper". I smiled, and told her I needed two of them actually as my wife also wanted one.

Back at the table, I learned my buddy had set up our favorite drinks for a select few of us. My drink was not available to anyone but me. Others had their own drinks that wasn't available to anyone else as well.

Such a small thing, but each of us was surprised and it made the night even more fun & special for us, despite it being all about them.

Most guys like liquor, and food. Doubtful you will have a full bar with bartender at your little party, but you may be able to do something similar with appetizers, etc. I've gone to one of the baby showers where both guys and girls go. It was always odd for us guys, and having something unique to make it a little more manly might make it more interesting for all the guests. Obviously the main purpose is the couple and their future bundle of joy.

Thank you @sledge! I gave my daughter-in-law a large baby shower for the first one. That’s what she wanted. She also wanted the husbands there too... I did what she said and invited everyone! People brought their kids..It was a loud baby shower! I had little tables set up for activities..like suggestions for the new parents, etc..but no games. She also didn’t want to open the gifts in front of everyone either. I just went with the flow and did what she wanted. Since she had the big shower the first time this will be really low key. My son and I talked about it. I wanted to make my own food this time as opposed to last time when I had it catered...He said I should just cater it..which is a little disappointing because I like to plan food, etc. So...Your eyes are probably watering from boredom right now with my long drawn out reply...:lol:I’ll do both...I’ll make some of the appetizers and cater the rest.
I love the special touches your friend planned for you and his friends. That’s why I want to make the food and do it myself instead of catering the food...Anyone can order in...Oh well..Thanks for listening! Hahahaha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results