shape
carat
color
clarity

Give my heart in San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovebarbara

Rough_Rock
I''m bringing a ring and my girlfriend to San Francisco in mid-December and would like any advice on a special place to propose in the City by the Bay. Thanks!

4.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
My Fiancee proposed to me at the top of coit tower - very romantic at night, with the entire city and all the lights laid out before us. The only thing, it is very public & the area at the top is pretty small so you would have to be comfortable with others potentially being right there when you propose.

Other options:

The top of the Mark
The Palace of Fine Arts
A cruise on the SF Bay thru one of the fleets that do dinner cruises
A carriage ride thru the city
One of the many romantic restaurants (Acquerello's, etc).

These are just a few ideas...

It is such a romantic city, and in December you have all the Christmas lights up, so the sky's the limit!
wavey.gif

I am sure that no matter where you propose, it will be romantic for the simple fact that it is where asked her to be your bride.

Good luck!

-PG

sfbayarea

Rough_Rock
if you're not set on proposing in a restaurant, you could also try point bonita (it is the lookout point on the northern side of the golden gate bridge) by sausalito. it is beautiful at sunset but may be a bit windy/chilly. you'll be able to get a beautiful view of the bridge and the city. lots of movies film in that area.

also, if your gf likes flowers, i've heard the sf conservatory is beautiful now as it was just recently remodeled (although i've never been and am not really sure about the "environment").

ilovebarbara

Rough_Rock
Hey, I appreciate the suggestions. I'm still not totally sure, but I think I'm going to stop at a beach on Hwy 1 on the way to a day trip to Sonoma.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write.

1.gif

bkslim

Rough_Rock
One of my favorite places is Spinnaker in Sausalito if you want to propose at a restuarant: http://www.thespinnaker.com/

It has a beautiful view of San Francisco.

Legion of Honor is a great place to propose (a scene in the Wedding Planner w/ J Lo, only SF natives would know what I am talking about). If you have $$$$, The Ritz at Halfmoon bay is a great place. The ultimate place is Twin Peaks (a hill that over looks the city of San Francisco), it is very very cold and windy but the view is breathless. That will be my choice

I am a newbie on this board because I just got my engagement ring for my girlfriend. Hi Everyone
wavey.gif
. Best Wishes Ilovebarbara!

Januar

Rough_Rock
Ilovebarbara, how old are you and where did you meet? How can we get the scoop, haha?!
9.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

On 11/24/2003 10:02:03 AM ilovebarbara wrote:

Hey, I appreciate the suggestions. I'm still not totally sure, but I think I'm going to stop at a beach on Hwy 1 on the way to a day trip to Sonoma.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write.

1.gif

----------------
The beach sounds great..My fiance (Regina) wants to get married on the beach...Keep us updated..
wacko.gif

ilovebarbara

Rough_Rock
Strange as it may sound, Barbara was a patient of mine. But she had not been a patient for two years. She also played golf with my ex-wife, but my ex is totally cool with everything. She adores Barbara, in fact.

Thanks all, for the tips. I'll send a report, and a photo of the ring, in a few short weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results