shape
carat
color
clarity

give me something! anything!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lemony

Rough_Rock
just a little vent. my boyfriend has had the ring in his possession since october 2008! i knew i wouldn''t see it for at least a couple months...but now i am getting anxious!

since then, anytime i ask him about it, all he does is smiles and dances around a little...he seriously wont give me ANYTHING! i have even begged him for little hints, using this forum as an excuse: "but i never get to post any suspicious activity on my forum! pleaaase just a little hint?" *deer eyes* and he responds with a smile and dance as usual. i even try tricking him into giving up little hints by casually asking questions "so, this bridal show is coming into town in march, do you think i should get tickets?" but he always seems to catch me and he just drops his jaw like "i can''t believe you are trying to get information out of me"

i admit... it is pretty hilarious and i am actually quite amazed that he has done so well at hiding it. he hasn''t done anything out of the ordinary (although his version of ordinary is different than most so i am used to seeing him do weird things). i guess i am just getting really excited about it because even without clues i think it is getting close! :)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
OK....

1) HE HAS THE RING!!!!!!
2) AGAIN, HE HAS THE RING!!!!!
3) YUP, HE HAS THE RING!!!!!

That is all that you really need to know. I know it is such a teaser, but IT IS SOOO WORTH IT. Just think, this is kinda like foreplay... just warmin'' up the proposal juices! It is gonna happen, all in good time. Now lets think... WHY NOT? Because he found a ring perfect enough for his perfect girl... but now... he is trying to devise a creative way to ask. Guys really put a lot of effort into the proposal. So... just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I know it is hard, you''re questioning, is tonight the night? what about tonight? it is impossible really NOT to do those things... but try to relax. He''ll do it when the time is right.

CAUTION READ THE FOLLOWING WITH DUE CARE, THIS IS NOT FOR THE ELDERLY OR THOSE WITH A HISTORY OF SEIZURES:
I live in a VERY warm climate. My DH hid my ring in his stowaway container of winter sweaters. I never found the ring because I didn''t want to... but.... who am I to judge???
11.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Well congrats on him having the ring...
36.gif

But just out of curiousity, what exactly do you want from him at this point? You know he has the ring, so maybe there is a good reason he's not giving you anything? He probably has something planned, and even more likely, wants it to be a complete surprise. So why not let him? Act like it's not ALL you think about, and let the guy propose the way he wants to. I'm sure it will be everything you ever hoped for. But, for your own sake (and his) don't think about 'when' or 'how' too much...I'm sure he's working hard to make everything perfect.

I also have a feeling its getting close. And now I'm all excited for you!
9.gif

ETA: Just wanted to add that my story was similar, only I didn't know he had the ring since October (coincidentally he, like your man, got the ring in Oct!) We discussed getting engaged this time last year, so when December rolled around, I was going NUTS, ask these ladies. But he totally surprised me, completely 100%, and lemony, it was soooooo worth it. It was everything I could have ever hoped for, trust me that much...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 2:14:53 PM
Author: tlh
OK....

1) HE HAS THE RING!!!!!!
Yeah really! And most importantly:

#4) AT LEAST HE has the ring........lol

Hang tight!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What do you think he''s waiting for?

lemony

Rough_Rock
haha thanks for the responses girls!

in all seriousness, i would not be happy with myself if i dug around too deep for clues.... i think this has become more of a teasing game between us than anything. we have had many good laughs over it! the couple people that know our situation also laugh at me because i am normally very good at picking up clues, but since he is totally aware of that he has taken extra caution.

tlh: i agree, those are all very good points! your caution is hilarious, but i don''t actually want to find anything either :)

bia: thank you for the advice, i hope i am equally as surprised and happy with whatever he chooses to do :) i don''t actually want anything from him...i am just having some fun and sharing my excitement!

dreamgirl: another good point! lol

mscushion: your guess is as good as mine...i am hoping it has something to do with a finely tuned plan!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 2:46:32 PM
Author: lemony
haha thanks for the responses girls!

in all seriousness, i would not be happy with myself if i dug around too deep for clues.... i think this has become more of a teasing game between us than anything. we have had many good laughs over it! the couple people that know our situation also laugh at me because i am normally very good at picking up clues, but since he is totally aware of that he has taken extra caution.

tlh: i agree, those are all very good points! your caution is hilarious, but i don''t actually want to find anything either :)

bia: thank you for the advice, i hope i am equally as surprised and happy with whatever he chooses to do :) i don''t actually want anything from him...i am just having some fun and sharing my excitement!

mscushion: your guess is as good as mine...i am hoping it has something to do with a finely tuned plan!
In that case, complain all you want...that''s what WE are here for!!!
2.gif
3.gif

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
yay so exciting lemony! like what dreamgirl said atleast he has the ring
30.gif
so sit tight and enjoy the ride lol! next thing you know he has planned out the best proposal for you. and you''ll be engagd in no time.
1.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
ummm...I just have one question. Does he have the ring??? Just kidding!
9.gif

It sounds like you two are having a lot of fun with this and you''re being fairly patient but inquisitive - in a non-pestering/bratty way. Hang tight lemony and be sure to post your proposal story ASAP when your SO finally coughs up your ring!
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 2:46:32 PM
Author: lemony
You lucky girl you
6.gif
2.gif
2.gif
3.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 2:19:57 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Date: 2/4/2009 2:14:53 PM

Author: tlh
OK....

1) HE HAS THE RING!!!!!!
Yeah really! And most importantly:

#4) AT LEAST HE has the ring........lol

Hang tight!

Hang in there! It''ll be on your hand soon enough! And then we want pictures :)

lemony

Rough_Rock
thanks again ladies! i am hanging as tight as possible
3.gif

oOoOOOooo and yes there will be pictures! i am hoping this ring with help me develop some actual photography skills... and if not i will have fun trying!
30.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Are you two going anywhere you''d be dancing anytime soon.. maybe the dancing is a hint!
3.gif
haha.. tell him that and they''ll he''ll have to correct you and maybe he''ll slip up? Its worth a try
12.gif

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Can''t wait to hear more and see your pictures! I''m sure they will be great! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results