shape
carat
color
clarity

Give dad the choice of song?

Who picked the father daughter dance song?

• I did, I am the bride afterall.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I wanted my father to be involved, so I let him pick the song on his own.

• We chose it together.

• other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m curious how many of you will or did have your father select the song if you did a father/daughter dance. I go round and round thinking about this because I would likely pick a more sentimental song than he would, so than I think I should pick something light and happy. Today I was listening to songs from my childhood I learned from him such as Johnny Horton''s The Battle of New Orleans For a good laugh, a highly suggest you click through to hear it. I can''t figure out how ridiculous it would be for us to use (it brought tears to my eyes remembering dancing around to it when I was about 7 years old).

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I picked other because I''m not quite sure how it will end up...I asked my dad the other day for a suggestion...and he had two:

Honky-tonk woman

Freebird

After he and I and my mom cracked up for a few minutes picturing our 8+ min dance to free bird, I decided to table the discussion temporarily...I''ll bring it up again much closer to the day.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 4:04:47 PM
Author: stephbolt
I picked other because I''m not quite sure how it will end up...I asked my dad the other day for a suggestion...and he had two:

Honky-tonk woman

Freebird

After he and I and my mom cracked up for a few minutes picturing our 8+ min dance to free bird, I decided to table the discussion temporarily...I''ll bring it up again much closer to the day.

hahaha! That is pretty funny. I can just see the expression on your guests faces 6min in...wondering, "how long are they going to be doing this for?"

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
I picked a few and presented them to my dad. His preference was for the shortest song
emsad.gif
(no 8 minute Freebird for him). I went with the shortest song, which was also my favorite. In My Life -The Beatles.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I flat out told my dad that I had no idea what song to pick and if he wanted to have a dance he should start coming up with songs
2.gif
5.gif
His first suggestion was "Moon River" and I thought it was a good one, so that''s what we''re going with. I also thought it was funny that both my first dance song and the father-daughter/mother-son dance song were written by Johnny Mercer. I think they go well together.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I chose all the songs and ran them by the husband to make sure they were ok. We combined our father/daughter and mother/son dance, and neither parent expressed any sort of a preference of what song to use.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I asked my father if there was anything super sentimental to him, and he said no... so I did a bunch of research and sent him a list of 5 or 6 songs I thought would be nice, and he chose Isn''t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder. It was nice :)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I told my dad he could pick....but I took that option back after he decided. I know, horrible. The song''s lyrics were about sending a daughter off to college, and it just seemed SO wrong. I thought it was sweet that he picked the song (called "Letting Go") and the sentiment behind it, but I disliked the lyrics SO much. Plus, we did a "parent" dance, so it was completely inappropriate for DH and his mom to dance to at the same time.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I asked my dad if he had any suggestions, hoping that he''d pick some song with sentimental connections to my childhood. Instead, he came back with a cheesy, cliched country song that I''ve never liked (and didn''t know he liked, either). I don''t know how to tell him without hurting his feelings, so I just said we''d talk more about it next time I see him...

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
ponder- My dad will also be looking for short song, he''s actually quite shy and doesn''t like having a lot of attention on him.

elrohwen Aww, moon river is sweet.

KatyWI Creating a short list of preselected songs is a great idea.

Elmorton You didn''t!
11.gif
2.gif
I can totally see that happening in my life. My mom is pushing hard for this one super sappy country song, that I just can''t stand. I''m worried if I my father free pick, he''ll choose that one, just so he doesn''t have to think to hard about it, and make my mother happy
20.gif

Octavia Yup...I get it. Good luck, hopefully he won''t think it is a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results