shape
carat
color
clarity

girls,had you ever went out on a blind date?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if yes,how was it? where did you go?

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire said:

It was terrific! I accepted his proposal 7 days after our blind date and we will be celebrating our 8 year anniversary in 3 weeks.

My best friend was his boss and she set us up. During his first call he asked me out for that night and we closed down a historic (National Historical site) bar in town. We then had our wedding reception at the same restaurant.

I met his boys on our 2nd date, he proposed that night and I said yes. We had an 8 month proposal and could not be happier together. We've been through our share of trials in this time and have come out stronger and more in love from it all.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Yeah and I married him.

We went to a winery for our blind date. I think the wine helped.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
More than one blind date. Some s*cked, some were okay.

Hubby was a blind lunch date. We didn't really 'like' each other, but eventually we became friends. One day we realized that we weren't dating anyone else.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went on a couple and they were okay. Didn't lead to anything but not bad experiences.

My cousin and her husband met on a blind date and have been married for more than 20 years.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, never. I was never a big dater though. When I was dating I would usually hang out with a guy in group settings and a bit one on one, and if I liked him we ended up dating for a long time. If I didn't like him, the hanging out was very brief-I'm extremely decisive! :cheeky:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I went on one and have been married to him for 28 years :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic, we got engaged a few months later.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, he drove.
Since he was blind we got into a car accident and he was killed.

NEXT!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes! He wanted to surprise me by taking me to a drive-in movie. Apparently he checked out my Facebook prior to the date saw a comment I'd made about always wanting to go to one. It was a cute gesture, but the closest drive-in movie is a 45 minute drive away through pretty deserted country. I was cursing myself for getting in to a car with a stranger, had my cell phone at the ready, and had my keys in one hand just in case I needed a weapon! Luckily he wasn't a crazy murderer and I'm here to tell the story.

We didn't find each other attractive at all, but we were jogging buddies until his work transferred him about a year ago.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Our parents set us up.... because MY parents didn't approve of my boyfriend at the time....my date's parents didn't approve of his girlfriend at the time!

Anyway, on the day we were supposed to go on our date, he came to my apartment to pick me up. I showed up at the door totally dishevelled, and told him I really can't go on a date with him because I had a boyfriend (who was waiting in my room) and my "date" totally understood! He said he was going to tell me the same thing, that his girlfriend was waiting in the car!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1315962951|3016972 said:
Our parents set us up.... because MY parents didn't approve of my boyfriend at the time....my date's parents didn't approve of his girlfriend at the time!

Anyway, on the day we were supposed to go on our date, he came to my apartment to pick me up. I showed up at the door totally dishevelled, and told him I really can't go on a date with him because I had a boyfriend (who was waiting in my room) and my "date" totally understood! He said he was going to tell me the same thing, that his girlfriend was waiting in the car!

Ha!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Once. And it was MORE than enough.

A friend of mine was dating this guy and wanted to go on a double date. I barely knew her boyfriend, and the 'blind date' was a friend of his. OMG. We got on like oil and water. We went to a nice Italian restaurant and the entire night devolved into us subtly insulting each other. It was awful.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
nope. But I set up two good friends of mine- we went to applebees for dinner and drinks and they were kinda ambushed my being set up- and they got married 5 years later (this august). :bigsmile:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
jmtomaui|1315956169|3016872 said:
Dancing Fire said:

It was terrific! I accepted his proposal 7 days after our blind date and we will be celebrating our 8 year anniversary in 3 weeks.

My best friend was his boss and she set us up. During his first call he asked me out for that night and we closed down a historic (National Historical site) bar in town. We then had our wedding reception at the same restaurant.

I met his boys on our 2nd date, he proposed that night and I said yes. We had an 8 month proposal and could not be happier together. We've been through our share of trials in this time and have come out stronger and more in love from it all.

wow, what a story!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it was not good. We were at a friends house, and there were no sparks at all.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Wow - didnt realize so many people met their SO on a blind date! I hadn't been on one prior to meeting DH.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jmtomaui|1315956169|3016872 said:
Dancing Fire said:

A NEW WORLD RECORD... :lol:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
No, god no- I still recall my best friend from college calling me desperately from her cell, having pretended to "go to the restroom" and actually she snuck out and left him. I had to go rescue her! He had started the night telling her her makeup looked terrible... and she wasn't wearing any! (And she really didn't need any, as she was quite pretty without.) It went downhill from there, apparently.

My parents met on a blind date, and were married 25 years.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
LGK|1315981581|3017140 said:
No, god no- I still recall my best friend from college calling me desperately from her cell, having pretended to "go to the restroom" and actually she snuck out and left him. I had to go rescue her! He had started the night telling her her makeup looked terrible... and she wasn't wearing any! (And she really didn't need any, as she was quite pretty without.) It went downhill from there, apparently.

My parents met on a blind date, and were married 25 years.

Oh my goodness - who tells someone their make up looks bad ever, especially on a date. What is a dude doing commenting on make up anyway???

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, in fact all but one of my relationships have been blind dates and all good, including my SO... We met for a morning coffee, ended up taking a long walk in the park, went for lunch, then went geocaching in the afternoon. We carried on the date into the evening with dinner and a movie, I was a great first date, we didn't want to say goodbye!

CourtLynB

Rough_Rock
I don't know if I've ever had a true blind date. Is that really even possible today with all the social media and Facebook?

I was set up with FI by a friend, so we'd never met before we went on our first date. But we had talked on the phone and we knew what each other looked like because of Facebook.
We've been together since that night and our wedding is next July. :love:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Some were okay, others weren't that great. In fact, after the last one I refused to go on another one again. I drove 45 minutes to meet him at a crappy sushi restaurant and he proceeded to talk about ALL of his recent ex's (heck, they could have just been sleeping buddies and not even "dated" for all I know). He started *ahem* talking about their lady part tightness (comparing them!) and I was SO sickened and SHOCKED that this guy would think I even WANTED to know this stuff...I was like WTF :shock: :???: :nono: When he went on about it I finally interrupted him and said isn't tightness relative to co** size? 8-) That totally shut him up. I got out of there a few minutes later and he walked me to my car and actually thought we'd go on ANOTHER date?! I was like ummm no dude your a douche (I didn't say that out loud but I thought it).

Come to think of it I had 2 "bad" ones in a row. Showed up at this nice bar/restaurant (the yard-house or something, tons of beers there) and the first thing the guy asked me was to stand back up and TURN around. Not like turn around and leave, but like turn around so he could inspect the goods that I was bringing to the table! I was totally appalled but I was starving so I sat down and got something to eat (thankfully it came quickly). I ate very fast and then paid for my share and left...with him following me to my car. I was like WTF!? So while walking to my car I proceeded to talk about my 9mm Smith and Wesson that's LOADED in my car next to my seat. I had an over night bag bc I was staying with a friend (car is a small audi tt convertible) and there was NO room for this guy in my car. He proceeds to GET IN MY CAR and told me to DRIVE HIM TO HIS TRUCK :angryfire: I was SOOOOO pissed I wanted to shoot him (not really but you get the idea). I drove him to his stupid truck only because he was already in my car and had put all my stuff on his lap and because at that point my life I was to nice to be mean to dumb people and force him out of my car.

Thankfully I met my soon to be DH a month or so later by chance. He was traveling for business and eating with a large number of co-workers at the restaurant I frequented. Met and the rest is history :love:

ETA: jmtomaui I love your story! I knew within a week of meeting my SO that we would marry, even though we waited longer due to the long distance relationship to get engaged. Some people just know right away! Although I'm wondering how your friends/family took it. Did it take a while for them to take you guys seriously because it all happened to fast? Or did they trust you guys and were on board right from the beginning?

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I'm another one who met my husband on a blind date!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I've been on one, it was a really nice date, but I didn't feel any sparks and we didn't see each other again.

The funny story is how we were set up - I was on an online dating site, was chatting with one guy and getting along with him ok, but he decided to pursue a relationship with another woman. When he told me that, he also said, ok, this is a little crazy, but I think you would get alone great with my friend, can I give him your email address?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
My husband was my one and only blind date.

So yeah, I have a 100% success rate with that method :bigsmile:

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
:roll:

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
ETA: jmtomaui I love your story! I knew within a week of meeting my SO that we would marry, even though we waited longer due to the long distance relationship to get engaged. Some people just know right away! Although I'm wondering how your friends/family took it. Did it take a while for them to take you guys seriously because it all happened to fast? Or did they trust you guys and were on board right from the beginning?

Because of his boys, we did not tell anyone for 3 months to give them a chance to get to know me. I was 45 at the time and although my dad was supportive he was worried that it was so soon. But whenever we are all together, he can see how much we love each other, he has seen us rise above some tough times with DH's ex and come out the stronger. (Obviously our parents never stop being our parents and worrying about us)

I think most friends were surprised but they did not take it any less seriously.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went on exactly one. I got home later than I expected, and he was waiting outside of my house for me. I was really praying he was the Con Ed man (I lived in NYC at the time) there to read my electric meter because he looked and was dressed like an old fart. I was newly divorced and in my very late 20's at the time. The date was a disaster. I purposely set it up for 4:30, just coffee, but he insisted on taking me out for an early dinner, ordering for me (no one can because I have tons of food allergies and restrictions) and started talking about "our life together" and "our plans for the future" which we all HIS plans because I didn't know this guy from a hole in the wall. The person who set this up told him so much about me that he said he felt like he had known me for years. He called a few times afterwards, was very pushy and it was hard to get rid of him. Never again. No more blind dates for me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results