shape
carat
color
clarity

Gifts for Shower-givers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
So, my mom''s sister and my mom''s best friend are throwing me a bridal shower next Saturday. (My mom''s passed away and I''m not having a bridal party which is why they are doing it). I want to get them presents to thank them, but I have no idea what it could possibly be! I don''t have a budget (story of my wedding!) and I want to get something at least semi-personal. They are both 60 and established so they basically have everything already...

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
what about a massage or mani/pedi?

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I thought about that but they live in different cities and both have their own ''people.'' I''m not sure either are into a massage...

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
1) Maybe a personalized picture frame that they could then put a pic of you, them, and your hubby on your wedding day.

2) You could send flowers the day after to say thanks. Maybe make this even nicer by having them put in a nice vase.

3) A crystal heart from Tiffany''s to say thanks, depending on how close to them you are. There are also other nice Tiffany crystal gifts that are not too expensive, at least not for Tiffany''s.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something engraved from Things Remembered? Trinket box, tons of differnet things there.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 5:39:01 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Something engraved from Things Remembered? Trinket box, tons of differnet things there.
I''ve never heard of it... I''ll check it out.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a linky with pages and pages of gifts for a woman from TR.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Cool, thanks.

I think I have found a gift for them (ugh, and of course, it''s expensive)...

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I dont know if this will work for you or not, but I bought MOH, her mother and her SIL nice potted hibiscus plants from the local hardware store as a thank you. The theme to the shower was tropical/Hawaiian, so I thought it would work well. Them seemed pleased and I hope they were able to enjoy them all summer.

Perhaps along the lines of NewShiney''s suggestion of sending flowers, you can always send a plant from the florist too. I enjoy flowers, but plants do tend to live longer!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions!

I thought about plants... or flowers of the month.

My thoughts is now to get them Hermes scarves. Very expensive, but here''s the reasons:

My mom was very into Hermes scarves. She wore them all the time. So I thought since they are the closest people to my mother that it would be a nice gesture. Also, Hermes has scarves with Chetahs on them. We''re going to Africa for our honeymoon so I thought that might be cute too. I wouldn''t be insulted if they returned them for something else, but I thought the symbolism would be nice.

What do you ladies think?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
gift certificate to a nice restaurant or to a concert or show they may like (any musicals playing in your area?)

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 12:16:45 PM
Author: Jas12
gift certificate to a nice restaurant or to a concert or show they may like (any musicals playing in your area?)
I live in NYC... plenty of both!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 10:15:44 AM
Author: AmandaPanda
Thanks for all the suggestions!

I thought about plants... or flowers of the month.

My thoughts is now to get them Hermes scarves. Very expensive, but here''s the reasons:

My mom was very into Hermes scarves. She wore them all the time. So I thought since they are the closest people to my mother that it would be a nice gesture. Also, Hermes has scarves with Chetahs on them. We''re going to Africa for our honeymoon so I thought that might be cute too. I wouldn''t be insulted if they returned them for something else, but I thought the symbolism would be nice.

What do you ladies think?
If you''re willing to spend the money, it''s a great idea for the sentimental reasons you mentioned. If they don''t love the scarf pattern, they can always exchange (perhaps including the gift receipt would be nice?). I think it''s a nice idea.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Google "Hostess Gift"

A fruit basket the day after... edible arrangements. Or some nice wine. Or a gift certificate for them to a restuarant they enjoy??

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
a tiffany pendant or bracelet

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
If you can afford it, I love that idea and the sentiment behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results