shape
carat
color
clarity

Gifts for MOM -- whaddya get??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, I know ... this is a more "what did I *GET* for Mother''s Day" crowd ... than a "What DO I get for MOM" group ...

but ... this year I''m stuck. Flowers are taken -- as she''s gotten a ton of birthday flowers from my siblings .. so I have to get something different (b-day + mother''s day)

Oh, and it''s her 64th b-day if that helps anyone!

Budget: around $100??

My x-mas gift to her this year was a 6 month Wine Of The Month Club sub -- which had been a hit in the past. She doesn''t have pierced ears.

Have been considering getting her a gift certificate for a massage (as it came up recently that she''s never had one) ... yet I fear she''s too skeeerred to ever use it. Though she DID use a cert for a facial (her 1st ever of that too) and enjoyed it very much.

Hmmmmm .... thoughts? What are you guys getting MOM?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I gave my mom her gift yesterday...she is getting two baby bunnies in a few weeks so I bought her a book about raising rabbits. She and my dad just got back from Ireland so I bought her a nice photo album with a travel motif to keep her pictures in.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My kids painted ceramic plates for both their grandmothers. They also colored on the Mother''s Day cards. We got my MIL a nice black leather wallet, and a gold necklace with a pretty pendant for my Mom.

I know you''re not a little kid (chronologically, anyway!), but you could go to a pottery studio and paint something beautiful, i.e. a vase, serving platter, etc. They''ll fire it for you and it''ll turn out all shiny and purty-looking. Some studios even offer classes for special techniques, i.e. mosaic-making...if you''re feeling creative! You''ll need about 1 week''s lead time, though, to give them time to fire the piece.

Or, maybe you could enlarge a childhood photo of you (and your sibs, if you have any), and then put it in a really gorgeous frame.

You could do a mother-daughter day....go out for mani/pedi''s followed by afternoon tea at a nice hotel or restaurant.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my sister and I are going in together to get her a mani/pedi gift certificate as well as a big gift card to Yankee Candle. She''s loves it there but knows what she likes and doesn''t so it''s just easier to let her pick her own thing. my kids are making her kid art which they love and she loves.

We got my MIL actual yankee candle items b/c she doesn''t live anywhere near one but loves the scented candles. (she''s 70 years old). I''m also getting her some soaps from bath and body works, she loves them too and of course, not a one close by. Also had the kids make grandmother Art and framed an updated pic of the kids for her.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beat ya to this thread Deco!!! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mothers-day-gifts.61310/
9.gif

I ended up getting my mom a meyer lemon tree.
1.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
My mom handed down her china to us as a wedding gift- long story short, she ended up w/ service for 14 of her 2nd choice pattern because my evil grandmother (her mom) exchanged her 1st choice for her 2nd choice my ''rents were on their honeymoon.

Her 1st choice pattern was discontinued in ''85. I have gotten her everything but bowls and serving pieces and given it as Christmas and b-day gifts. I have some bowls and the oval veggie dish for Mother''s Day.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m getting mine a cellphone cover cause she keeps dropping hers. And some flowers, plus a nice set of pyjamas from cuddledown as she''s having major surgery an a couple of months and will be in the hospital for 7-9 days.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Luckily we''re celebrating a week late b/c I haven''t finished my gift yet.
I''m compiling pics of the family over the years and putting them in a photo album for her. I was going to do this digitally but it seemed like too much of a hassle to turn regular pics into digital ones.

I still have to copy all the photos and buy the album. Lots to do!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got her a 4-pc. picnic backpack from RedEnvelope.com ($50)

She's coming to visit this weekend for FI and I's graduation ceremony, so will be here for mom's day. The day after I ordered her backpack thingy, I called to ask her what she'd like to do for mother's day. What did she say? "A picnic in Malibu would be really nice!" haha

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I really don''t know. My mom''s bday is around the same time too, and she is SO hard to shop for. She''s very practical and very particular. She likes doing some artsy stuff - painting porcelain, pottery, woodworking. She also loves her garden...

But I don''t know what, if anything, she needs or wants for these hobbies. Yikes!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
My mom always wanted a Lladro of a little girl playing a violin, but I''ve never been able to find one. This year I found that their cheaper line, Nao, has one, so I got that. It was just about $100 with extra shipping since I didn''t order it until this past weekend.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Does she like cookies? Cookies By Design send the yummiest and cutest cookies! www.cookiesbydesign.com

Another suggestion is a manicure-pedicure gift cert?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Mother''s Day brownies from Fairytale Brownies at www.brownies.com.

They are the most amazingly good brownies ever!
3.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A large glazed pot planted with zinnias, her favorite summertime flowers. I started them from seed during an early warm spell (I lucked out!) but you could also use 6-pack bedding plants from the nursery - a tall variety in the center, with shorter or trailing plants around the edge. I got the pot and potting soil at a grocery outlet store so the whole thing probably cost less than $30, even using "designer" seeds!

Last year I had a loose stone (aqua, her birthstone) set as a pendant. She didn't even bother with the usual "you shouldn't have!"

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/8/2007 2:43:15 PM
Author:decodelighted
I know, I know ... this is a more ''what did I *GET* for Mother''s Day'' crowd ... than a ''What DO I get for MOM'' group ...

but ... this year I''m stuck. Flowers are taken -- as she''s gotten a ton of birthday flowers from my siblings .. so I have to get something different (b-day + mother''s day)

Oh, and it''s her 64th b-day if that helps anyone!

Budget: around $100??

My x-mas gift to her this year was a 6 month Wine Of The Month Club sub -- which had been a hit in the past. She doesn''t have pierced ears.

Have been considering getting her a gift certificate for a massage (as it came up recently that she''s never had one) ... yet I fear she''s too skeeerred to ever use it. Though she DID use a cert for a facial (her 1st ever of that too) and enjoyed it very much.

Hmmmmm .... thoughts? What are you guys getting MOM?
Deco, my mother is 64 this year also, and she doesn''t have pierced ears either but loves jewelry...in the past I have gotten her Lois Hill sterling clip on earrings and she loves them and says they''re pretty comfortable. They are between $50 and $100 depending on the size/detail of design.

This year I''ve decided to go look for one or two really pretty frames and print out some photos here at home to put in them, I also got her some lemon curd (she loves it) from Trader Joes and a couple other smallish sweet treats from there because there isn''t one where she lives and she likes to hear about my "gourmet grocery experiences," LOL. I hope to get down there to visit as my parents are 5 hours south of Chicago but we''ll see...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results