shape
carat
color
clarity

Gift Registry

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
So ladies, I am 3 months out from our wedding date today *eek* (getting super excited) and I have not yet done a wedding registry. My question for you all is when did you do your registry? Am I really behind since I haven't done it yet?

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Heya, missjaxon! I don't have a registry yet, but my wedding is like 10 months away (which sounds so soon considering it was 16 months away "yesterday"!). I'm not sure when we will do ours but probably once my moh sets the shower date.
I think you're fine though.
My mom went to a wedding today and the couple got engaged around 5 months ago, and I know they have registries... and I doubt they went out and registered right away? Or maybe they did?
But I think you're still ok.
If you still plan on registering, you should prolly do it soon. Otherwise your guests who would have liked to get you something off of your registry, may just buy you something as your date gets close.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
So three months till the wedding? Yup, It's time. Basically as soon as people get wind of the wedding date they'll want to take advantage of coupons and sales (4th of July was a big weekend for registries I bet) etc, and not the sort of thing you want to be running around doing two months before the wedding unless you think there will be lots of free time. I did mine about 14 months in advance, which was 4 months after getting engaged, and with a TON of pressure from family and friends asking "did you register yet?"

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
I think we did our registry sometime in May? But it was mostly because Crate&Barrel was having a wedding registry party that weekend.

I think you're still okay to start your registry now. Have you thought about which store(s) you want to register at?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to a Crate and Barrel registry party in April, but haven't made our registry public yet because we haven't finished figuring out what we want/need. We also scouted around Williams Sonoma, Macy's, Bed Bath & Beyond and the Pottery Barn, ultimately deciding on C&B and WS. We really need to finalize the registries soon because we'll soon be mailing the invitations for our wedding scheduled for the end of September. Eek!

We got engaged last November, so we've been getting a lot of inquiries/pressure about where we're registered and feel a little behind the ball, too. So much to do!

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
We were crazy early and did ours about a year before the wedding (last September). We got a lot of stuff off it for the engagement party (which was in October). I also used it as a Christmas list and my FMIL got us some things off that. However, there's PLENTY of time for you to make one!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I really hadn't thought about this until FMIL asked me at dinner tonight when we were going to register and where. We have 5 months till the wedding! I thought it only needed to be done before invitations went out. She also had all kinds of questions about where we were going to register since we're fairly established and have been living together for 4 years. I'm not sure what to do or where to register!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Well it looks like that is one of my to do's for this week! ::) . I cannot believe I totally forgot about it until this point, and to be honest, it just hit me yesterday that we are only 3 months out!! :shock: This week I will be getting my dress (just got a call that it is in) and my wedding band will be ready to be picked up so it is all becoming very *real* after 19 months of planning at this point! So I better get my butt in gear. :cheeky:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Hmm... my wedding is 76 days away and have not registered. I think you're good.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I think you are fine. I did not start receiving gifts until after my invites went out.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I was late, too -- I set up our registry a little over a month ago, so about 2.5 months before the wedding. Stuff is getting purchased now.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all of your input ladies! :) I really appreciate it! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results