shape
carat
color
clarity

Gift for First Holy Communion ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
One of my husbands friend/employee''s daughter is receiving Sacrament of First Holy Communion.
We are expected to attend the church, then a reception in their home.

I know nothing about this - do I take a gift? If so, what type?
We haven''t seen the daughter in a few years, she might be around 10, but not sure.

I feel so silly not knowing about this, but if anyone can help me out, I''d appreciate it!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Gift is appropriate for this occasion.You can get something religious like a figurine or a praying book.You could also buy a watch does not have to be expensive.Its a memorable occasion so a gift will be remembered.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

bebe

Ideal_Rock
thanks guys!!

I went back and read that older thread. If I don''t come up with a better idea, I think I like the charm bracelet idea.
I think I have seen adjustable charm bracelets at James Avery Jewelry. The last time I saw this little girl, she was a real
tomboy! But I think maybe she has grown since then!

MOney I''m not too sure about.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
She is a young girl so it should not be too costly ( you are not that close to her).Bracelet is a great idea.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know if she has her ears pierced, but when I made my communion my auntie gave me tiny gold cross shape stud earrings, which I still have and treasure. I wore them on the day and felt very special
9.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
We have given earrings, too. Or a pendant might be safe if you don''t know if her ears are pierced.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When our best friends daughter had her first communion, we got her a sterling silver initial pendant that came in an engraved silver box. I wanted to stay away from getting her a cross because I figured that it would be a rather popular gift from others (and it was). She was 8 years old, btw.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
If you have a Berean or Family Christian Bookstore, there will be a pretty healthy "first communion" section. What about a picture frame with something engraved (like a bible verse or even very simply "first communion") so she can keep a picture from the day? When my godchild was baptized, I gave a "baptism" picture frame - I knew her other godparents would likely pick out bibles and crosses (which they did) and it was a little different.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
lots of great ideas, thanks for the help. I''m really clueless.
The frames sounds nice, the pendant too, I also still like the bracelet with a single charm on it.
And I will check out the local Berean store - forgot about that!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I got money for mine. If you don''t want to fork over cash a nice Rosary is a thoughtful gift as well. Most come with a Rosary prayer book with instructions too. Also, a leatherbound bible is a great keepsake for years to come - just check with her parents to see what version they use.

Jess

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Over here we all get money also.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
For my first communion I received a lot of cash. But my favorite thing was a tiffany''s necklace from my aunt and uncle. Unfortunately we were robbed a few years back and I lost it, but I still think about it...

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP01378&mcat=148204&cid=287465&search_params=s+5-p+10-c+287465-r+101323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+
Just an option... Mine was a silver dove that resembled a cross, but they no longer make it...

10 yr old girls...hmmm
I know that the Tiffany bracelets are extremely popular...

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=23318741&mcat=148204&cid=287458&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+287458-r+101323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=12607083&mcat=148204&cid=287458&search_params=s+5-p+5-c+287458-r+101323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Geesh! I should have asked the budget first! I have not looked at T&Co''s silver jewelry prices in a long time. I remember when necklaces were under $100!!! What is goin on here?

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought a First Communion gift for my SO''s neice. We got her a guardian angel pendant, a claddaugh bracelet and a celtic cross pendant. She''s just starting to get into "big girl" things like jewlery and hair accessories so we wanted to encourage more adult style gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results