shape
carat
color
clarity

Gift Etiquette

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could let me know what the etiquette is for giving a gift if you are ONLY invited to the after party??

I am going to a wedding after the dinner, so just for the dancing and I was told by a few people not to bring a gift and by others that yes I should bring one. (I was planning on getting something smaller but am still curious to know if its expected)

So I was just wondering what the common thing to do is in such a situation.

Thanks in advance!! :)

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
i think TECHNICALLY, you don''t have to give a gift, but i personally always do when attending a wedding. i haven''t been to a wedding where there is an after party, but in my opinion, if you attend someone''s wedding - any part of it - then you should give a gift.

i feel like an afterparty is just an extension of a celebration that''s already happening. mostly for the younger guests who still have the energy to keep on dancing and drinking after the formal reception is over.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gifts are NEVER mandatory, that''s the etiquette. When you say after party, do you mean the reception or the after reception party? Not that it really matters, I would bring a gift regardless, but that''s just me.

I''ve been invited to several after parties of college friend''s who had super small weddings. They were lots of fun and I wasn''t offended in the least.

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for replying :)

I would feel weird attending empty handed, which is why it never occured to me not to bring anything.

Hudson_Hawk - It would be the after reception party. I assume I arrive when dinner is finished. I will find out exactly once the invitiation arrives.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
I would say bring a gift no matter what....but that''s just me!

rayoncena

Rough_Rock
Gifts are not mandatory but still I think it''s good to go with gift as it won''t look odd. I have been to many after parties and still now never seen anybody without gifts. Yo should carry some small things which is affordable to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results