shape
carat
color
clarity

Gift dilemma: watch or change wedding set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
DH gave me a gorgeous Omega Constellation watch (pearl face, two tone, diamonds on the dial, love it!) for our 4th anniversary (but it also counts as a Mother''s Day/30th birthday). I love love love this watch! The problem is, I''m currently going through medical treatments for something (one left to go
36.gif
) and had planned on ear marking about $3k as a "gift to me" for going through it. Well, DH then surprised me with the watch (which was $2800, so basically the $3k I was thinking of) and I now have to make a choice because I can either return the watch and purchase what I was thinking of, or I can keep the watch and it count as my "me" thing and DH''s gift to me.

What I was planning on purchasing for myself was a new e-ring setting from Quest with .75ctw princess sidestones in a platinum basket three stone setting, therefore turning my solitare princess stone into a three stone ring (each diamond representing our three children). And then have Quest turn my half eternity princess channel band into a full eternity (the full eternity representing our marriage to each other).

DH is totally fine with me returning the watch and having my wedding set changed, he also just wants me to DECIDE already and before the 30 days is up to return the watch.

I''m stuck. I love the watch. I ADORE the watch. I also had my heart set on changing my wedding set. But I can''t keep or do both.

Which would you do???

Thanks!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ok, this is kind of my round about way of thinking: I love bracelets and watches. But, I have found that I can''t wear both, because I like both on the same arm, and they tear each other up. So, I gave up wearing a watch. Currently, I don''t wear anything on either wrist, but I do have my sights on a tennis bracelet. So, I know that watches are out for me. Are you sure you won''t want to wear a bracelet in the future? I personally would choose to get the ring setting. But, I know how hard it is, especially since you have the beautiful watch on your arm NOW!! You could always wait and upgrade the setting on an anniversary down the road (and yes you are going to be married a loooooooooonnnnnnnggg time, so there will be lots of opportunities!) See, now didn''t I just mess things up more? lol

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, this really is a win/win situation all around. That''s nice, for sure!

If I told you that you could not return the watch, there was a mistake and the return period is over, how would you feel? Would you be contented? Or still dreaming of the ring change? Sometimes I think that either of 2 options are equally good to me, and then one is taken away, and I feel a pang of regret. That lets me know what I really wanted more.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Hi Carrie,
I hope things are ok, or at least will be soon, with the medical treatment.
Since you just changed your setting and it''s GORGEOUS, I''d keep the watch! What a nice gift from your husband! I love the Omegas. I think you could change your setting and w-ring down the line at another milestone. Unless of course, you have some kind of trade-up with Quest that would expire in a given period of time. In that case i might reconsider!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
No bad choices here, but I would keep the watch. Those Omega Constellations are gorgeous and classic and I like having a nice watch. Besides you say that you like it and your husband picked it out for you which makes it special. You can always do the upgrade for your fifth annversary. And good luck with your medical treatments - you deserve something nice.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the replies!!

I''ve decided to keep the watch. I just adore it! I''m still deciding if I want a "me" gift for the medical treatments or if the watch counts. DH gave me bezel set earrings for christmas (exact same as wallermama!) and then this watch for Christmas... I kind of feel like my jewelry budget has hit its high for now (I think
2.gif
) .

Thank you again and I will take pictures of the earrings and watch soon!!

Carrie

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Carrie: You are as bad as me! LOL...Keep your watch! You just had your e-ring reset by Quest and it is divine! I have a similar sized diamond as you --princess, and I did not care for the 3 stone look. To me, that works best if your center stone is closer to 2 carats or else the center princess gets lost.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results