shape
carat
color
clarity

Giant Panda Surprises Zookeepers With Twin Cubs

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Giant Panda Surprises Zookeepers With Twin Cubs, While Scans Only Showed One Cub

http://www.boredpanda.com/giant-panda-twins-birth-yang-yang-schonbrunn-zoo/
Last Friday, August 12th, the zookeepers of Schönbrunn Zoo in Vienna, Austria were left in awe when they found out a giant panda, who was supposed to give birth to one little cub, had given birth to two…and they’re twins!
Panda Yang Yang gave birth to the twins last Sunday, August 7th. The reason the zookeepers thought she gave birth to one cub was because of what the scans showed – one cub instead of two (apparently, baby pandas are extremely small, about the size of an average person’s hand). But when the keepers heard squeaks of not one, but two baby pandas, they got suspicious. And those suspicions were confirmed last Friday when Yang Yang was caught on camera cradling two baby cubs. Awwwww.
image_4439.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Adorable! Thank you Rockinruby for always sharing these cute animal pics. I like what you post - brightens my day!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Queenie60|1471581875|4067576 said:
Adorable! Thank you Rockinruby for always sharing these cute animal pics. I like what you post - brightens my day!!!

Awwww, thank you so much for your kind words! Reading your post definitely brightened my day! :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww! :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwww, so sweet! I love pandas, they are adorable and make me smile. Thanks for posting!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet picture! Thanks!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww. What a precious photo. :love:
Thank you Rockinruby.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope they live. Newborn pandas' lives are so fragile at the best of times; if they are like humans, being twins may put them at more risk. Does anyone know if being twins means that they have lower birth weights?

Deb

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sweet is that? :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results