shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi! I''m new to the boards, and need some of your expertise out there. Does GIA inscribe every diamond they grade? I have a cert that came with my diamond, but the # isn''t inscribed on the diamond itself. is this common? I noticed that the newer diamonds have inscriptions. My diamond was graded about 11 yrs ago. Any input would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
no they don''t.
The only ones required to be inscribed are the ones that get the dossier report without the inclusion plot.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
and the pattern of practice is the ones without the plot, and with the inscription, are under 1 carat.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GIA currently has two different styles of grading reports for natural colorless diamonds. Stones under a carat will receive a report called a ''diamond dossier'' that looks like this. Stones over a carat get a report called a ''diamond grading report'' that looks like this.

Girdle inscription is part of the package with the dossier so all stones with that report will have it. It''s optional with the diamond grading report so some will have it and some will not.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results