shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Grading... Crown and Pavillion???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steve

Rough_Rock
Sorry if this has been answered before, but from all my research GIA is considered the most reputable diamond grader. The problem is, I also know that crown and pavillion angles (or percents) are very important, but GIA doesn't report that information. How can I use the Holloway Cut Advisor with a GIA diamond? How do I know I'm getting a great cut diamond if all I know is the table and depth?

Thanks!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
GIA doesn't show crown and pavilion angles so you have to ask for Sarin or Ogi report

Steve

Rough_Rock
Hmm this is the first I've heard of those two reports. I can just ask the dealer for those? Or do I have to purchase a diamond that already has already had that report done?

If I'm thinking of ordering online from DCD how would I go about getting those reports?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock

The measurement takes 1-2 minutes and provides you with diamond proportions including crown and pavilion angles.
[/u]

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
Durt Cheap Diamonds won't have any problem getting you the numbers you need. Same for any other online vendor. Just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results