shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA 1.20 ct Round Brilliant, exc cut, polish, and symmetry

michael777

Rough_Rock
Platinum, 4 prong, solitaire ring with a GIA certified (with laser inscription) 1.20 ct round brilliant. Excellent cut, polish, symmetry. (H) color, VS2, no fluorescence, no culet.

6.78 x 6.85 x 4.20 mm, depth is 61.7%, table is 56%.

$8900 OBO

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Re: GIA 1.20 ct Round Brilliant, exc cut, polish, and symmet

if you don't post the link of the listing how are people going to contact you?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can you give us the GIA report #? Also, was it originally bought from a PS vendor?

michael777

Rough_Rock

Purchased from a reputable wholesaler (in December 2009) in Chicago's diamond district. I have all of the original paperwork.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm just asking questions that people will want to know to save you from answering them multiple times!

I forgot the online report doesn't include the inclusion plot. You might want to scan and post that or at least describe the inclusions.

I think you have a strong likelihood of selling your stone, but I think one thing that would hold me back in this situation is that I'd want kind of a middle man as a neutral party. For example, there are independent appraisers here (such as Neil Beaty) who would look at your stone and verify it is the one in your lab report and confirm that it is still in the condition in which you bought it. I am not sure, but it would even be nice if they would hold the diamond until you received the funds and then they send the stone to the buyer. That protects both you and the buyer. (I am thinking about all these things because I am also thinking of selling one diamond and buying two others. I plan on doing consignment, but I would love to buy one of my stones second hand!)

One more thing...some pictures of the ring and especially close-ups of the diamond would be very helpful, too!

michael777

Rough_Rock

All valid questions. I suppose buying and selling diamonds over the internet can be a tad difficult, especially for someone like myself who plans on doing this just once (although i did say that about marriage:)

I would prefer a local buyer and that would be my ideal situation. If you are a serious buyer feel free to contact me via the craigslist link so i can give u an email address to communicate more efficiently (and to attach a real name to the potential transaction)

I will provide the pics shortly.

Thx for the buying/selling tips:)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You are welcome! And you are, of course, right that with a local buyer, you can arrange to meet them at a jewelry store or appraiser's office and have the neutral middle man as well.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock

Just a little extra information.

Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread Very Good

HCA 0.8

Depth: 61.7%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown Height: 15.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°
Pavilion Depth: 42.5%
Star Length: 50%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted (3.5%)
Culet: None

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Michael, and welcome to PS!

My question is more one of curiosity than anything else - please don't read anything more than that into it.

You're about the third or fourth person who wasn't on PS at all until they had an item to sell via the new "pre-loved PS jewels" forum.

How does that happen? How is the word getting around that PS now offers this option, and you can post a link here to bring more traffic to your ad?

This question really, truly, is not intended to criticize you in any way. I think this forum does serve a good purpose because several people can ask questions, and the response is there for all PS'ers to see.

I'm just wondering how word of this option is spreading so quickly! :bigsmile:

michael777

Rough_Rock

I was referred to this forum from another post. Didn't know there was a place within pricescope to solicit sales. I only created my Craigslist ad to facilitate communication after another member inquired.

Fwiw. I perused PS for months(2y ago) to learn about finding the "perfect " diamond for my then soon to be fiance. Without PS I wouldn't have found such a great stone;-)

I am back for unfortunate reasons and am not looking to profit.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the reply. Best of luck - I hope it sells quickly!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results