shape
carat
color
clarity

Ghostbusters is Back, and Has an All-Female Cast

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been this excited to see a movie since ...well, let's just say I haven't seen a movie in a theater since 2010.

Official trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

30 years ago there were only a few female parts in the original movie. My, how times have changed. :appl:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I have mixed feelings about it. I liked the original Ghostbusters movie and I always fear a second one won't do as well (I hope it does!). I hadn't really thought about the all-female cast, but I think it's a nice way to switch it up this time around.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha - I will be delighted if they make a cartoon off this film, too!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1457115408|3999801 said:
Ha - I will be delighted if they make a cartoon off this film, too!

I forgot there was a cartoon version! That would be great, I would totally watch it again.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad someone else remembers the cartoon! I remember there being a "ghostbusters" and a "Real ghostbusters" cartoon.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1457122449|3999884 said:
So glad someone else remembers the cartoon! I remember there being a "ghostbusters" and a "Real ghostbusters" cartoon.

Yes!! I remember this too!!

I'm very excited about the movie, the cast and the crew behind it are really great. It should be so good - my husband is very excited to see it too.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope it's good. It's a movie we went to in theaters when we were kids and rented *all* the time. ALL the time.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I recently (re)watched the first GB...because it is a very silly & entertaining movie with a perfectly scripted/cast character in Rick Moranis. I am certain I know accountants like him! :bigsmile: :appl: :D (who ya gonna call???)

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
THE POWER OF PATTY COMPELS YOU!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
My DH and I are huge GB fans. I don;t have high hopes for this, but I will save my judgement.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Bumping this because it was highlighted on the Today Show this morning. The cast looks fabulous. I'm looking forward to seeing it when it comes out:)

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm always skeptical of sequels but I'm intrigued. I rarely go to the movies because I have the attention span of a gnat. I'm also careful of childhood favorites. I've shared some with my eldest and some were just as good as a I remember (Goonies, Back to the Future, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, Beetlejuice) but some I couldn't believe I liked the first time around (Teen Witch, Short Circuit, UHF).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puppmom, I am intrigued as well. I am psyching myself up to go see it in an actual movie theater this summer. I'm crossing all crossables that the local drive-in theater will show it (yes, we are lucky enough to have a few drive-ins left in my area!) I'm also going to try to get my brother and SIL to see it with my husband and me--since we all saw the first ones as kids I think it will be cool to see the latest one together.

#pleaseletthisnotsuck

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results