shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting sick :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
My throat is starting to hurt and I feel feverish. Is there any suggestions for cutting a cold off or anything? I have a verbal exam on Thursday and Friday and I can''t be sick... HELP!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
echinacea, zinc and emergenC. start ASAP. many times when i already have the throat and fever it''s too late to stop it but you can try!!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 8:04:17 PM
Author: Mara
echinacea, zinc and emergenC. start ASAP. many times when i already have the throat and fever it''s too late to stop it but you can try!!
Thanks I will try it! Anything to avoid the nasty cold...

Appreciate the help
35.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve taken zinc chewables (yucko!), echinacea, vitamin C, and a multivitamin. Sometimes I can stave it off, sometimes I can''t. I hope you are successful!!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks I hope it''s successful too... I don''t want to be sick... boo!
39.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
chicken soup

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Think ramen would suffice?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
cold ease, airborne or echinacea, tons of vitamin c and fluids, get lots of rest...and good luck. you can lessen severity of your symptoms but cannot cure a cold, it needs to run its course.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone
1.gif
!!

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you feel better soon...I''m sitting here with a thermometer sticking out of my mouth as I type this!
39.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 11:07:19 PM
Author: Girlrocks
Hope you feel better soon...I''m sitting here with a thermometer sticking out of my mouth as I type this!
39.gif
I hope you feel better soon too.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i think that theres something going around cause ive been feeling like ive been getting the flu bad lately...fever, chills teh works

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Sparkles, sometimes when I get a sore throat it''s drainage. If I take something for that the sore throat goes away. Any possibility it''s allergy related?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 10:13:36 AM
Author: lumpkin
Sparkles, sometimes when I get a sore throat it's drainage. If I take something for that the sore throat goes away. Any possibility it's allergy related?
I was going to ask the same question. I have had a sore throat every morning for the last week and a bit of a runny nose. I believe it's just allergies.

If it is a cold Cold-Eeze is good.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Try taking Grapefruit Seed extract-capsule form. You can find it at a healthfood store. I buy a brand called Nutribiotic.
At the very least take 1000mg of vitamin C, drink lots of water & rest. Feel better soon.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Vitamin C! I take 1000 mg a day and havent been sick in years. It''s miraculous
1.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I drink a packet of Emergen-C in a big bottle of water. Well, usually multiple ones. I don''t know if it''s the extra water or all those vitamins but it usually does the trick!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again everyone. I thought it was allergies at first since I''ve been sneezing a lot, but the feeling feverish thing, and waking up this morning with a stuffy nose... makes me think it''s a cold. Tried the cold eeze this morning, and it came back up. So that didn''t agree with me
7.gif
. I have been trying to increase my water intake, sometimes I just find it hard to drink. I did take some airborne last night, so hopefully that will help some. Grapefruit seed extract? I''ll have to keep that in mind, never heard of that one. Is is something you take all the time like a vitamin or just when you are sick?

Thanks again everyone.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 1:16:03 PM
Author: Sparkles22
Thanks again everyone. I thought it was allergies at first since I''ve been sneezing a lot, but the feeling feverish thing, and waking up this morning with a stuffy nose... makes me think it''s a cold. Tried the cold eeze this morning, and it came back up. So that didn''t agree with me
7.gif
. I have been trying to increase my water intake, sometimes I just find it hard to drink. I did take some airborne last night, so hopefully that will help some. Grapefruit seed extract? I''ll have to keep that in mind, never heard of that one. Is is something you take all the time like a vitamin or just when you are sick?

Thanks again everyone.
I only take GSE when needed. Here is some info about it. It comes in liquid & capsule form (I use the capsules). http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4415/grapefruit.html

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks I will have to give it a try
1.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry you're sick, I hope you feel better.

I was sick 2 weeks ago (and I had to give a speech in my public speaking class too!) and have finally gotten over my cold. I would also recommend taking echinacia, vitamin C, garlic and zinc together as a combo. Apparently my friend, who had the same thing I did, took this combination and she felt immediate relief.

I took Zicam, both the swabs and nasal spray, and it really helps clear up the cold faster. Take some tylenol for your fever, or nyquil multi-system relief, which has acetaminophen in it already. They also make a cold and cough that doesn't have the acetaminophen in it. It usually only lasts 4-6 hours, but at least you'll get some sleep. Dayquil and sudafed seem to be the only things that really work for me. The zinc cough drops (cold eeze) leave a weird taste in your mouth, so be warned.

Chicken soup from a can is better than the ramen. I think chicken soup in a can would be better than the ramen.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 12:31:19 AM
Author: curiopotter
I''m sorry you''re sick, I hope you feel better.

I was sick 2 weeks ago (and I had to give a speech in my public speaking class too!) and have finally gotten over my cold. I would also recommend taking echinacia, vitamin C, garlic and zinc together as a combo. Apparently my friend, who had the same thing I did, took this combination and she felt immediate relief.

I took Zicam, both the swabs and nasal spray, and it really helps clear up the cold faster. Take some tylenol for your fever, or nyquil multi-system relief, which has acetaminophen in it already. They also make a cold and cough that doesn''t have the acetaminophen in it. It usually only lasts 4-6 hours, but at least you''ll get some sleep. Dayquil and sudafed seem to be the only things that really work for me. The zinc cough drops (cold eeze) leave a weird taste in your mouth, so be warned.

Chicken soup from a can is better than the ramen. I think chicken soup in a can would be better than the ramen.
Thanks! It''s always just that much stressful when you have something big going on while your sick, where it be a speech, and exam, whatever. It just stinks, it''s no fun anyway, and then it''s harder to concentrate to study too.

So far I am/have tried the following:
generic tylenol
pseduophed
mucinex
Cold Eeze --> didn''t agree with me
emergen-C
generic airborne

I just really want to get over this thing.

Thanks for the help again
35.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
If you''re not getting worse you''ll probably be all right. Lots and lots of water, and as much rest as you can get, along with all the other stuff you''re doing.
1.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 11:56:45 AM
Author: VegasAngel
Try taking Grapefruit Seed extract-capsule form. You can find it at a healthfood store. I buy a brand called Nutribiotic.
At the very least take 1000mg of vitamin C, drink lots of water & rest. Feel better soon.
I second lots of the ideas mentioned already, echinacea, zinc, garlic, vitamin C - and you can take thousands of mg of Vitamin C. When you're sick, you need boatloads of it, and it doesn't hurt you if you take too much, your body will just get rid of it. There is something called an ascorbic acid flush, where you keep taking 1000mg of Vitamin C every 15 min. to half hour or so, to bowel tolerance. Also the Grapefruit seed extract. Also I have cold remedy herbal teas around like throat coat or gypsy cold care. At night, someone said to take a hot toddy of water, honey, lemon juice and whiskey. Also, colloidal silver is good. And one that people might think is crazy, but it's worked for me, is often the first cold/sore throat symptom for me is a pain in one of my ears. If I put a bit of peroxide in that ear, it crackles like crazy (I put it in and lie down with that ear facing up for a few minutes). If I put it in the ear that doesn't hurt, no crackling. It seems to help. Also gargling with salt water. Another friend said to moisturize your nasal passages. For example if you're in the shower, you cup your hand to catch some water, and sort of breathe it in - obviously not all the way !! - but just to get it up there to moisten, because the bacteria & viruses like dry areas.

I can never afford to let myself come down with a cold, not just because of always having tons to do, but my colds are never small; I lose my voice and am just totally useless, and lose way more time than most folks from a cold. So I try to have all these remedies on hand and bombard myself with all of them at the first hint of a cold, and if I'm careful, it works.

When you're sick, supposedly your body is too acidic, and you need to eat or drink things that help alkalize it. Most fresh fruits and veggies are good for that. Strangely enough, lemon is alkalizing to your system, even though in itself it's acidic. So that is why lemon juice is supposed to be good.

Another remedy (although homeopathics never seem to make a difference with me) is a homeopathic remedy called oscillococcinum. (spelling?) As with many of these ideas, you really want to nip it in the bud; if you already have a full-fledged cold, the best you can do is try to reduce the severity and length.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 11:12:52 AM
Author: old-fashioned girl

Date: 5/1/2007 11:56:45 AM
Author: VegasAngel
I second lots of the ideas mentioned already, echinacea, zinc, garlic, vitamin C - and you can take thousands of mg of Vitamin C. When you''re sick, you need boatloads of it, and it doesn''t hurt you if you take too much, your body will just get rid of it. There is something called an ascorbic acid flush, where you keep taking 1000mg of Vitamin C every 15 min. to half hour or so, to bowel tolerance. Also the Grapefruit seed extract. Also I have cold remedy herbal teas around like throat coat or gypsy cold care. At night, someone said to take a hot toddy of water, honey, lemon juice and whiskey. Also, colloidal silver is good. And one that people might think is crazy, but it''s worked for me, is often the first cold/sore throat symptom for me is a pain in one of my ears. If I put a bit of peroxide in that ear, it crackles like crazy (I put it in and lie down with that ear facing up for a few minutes). If I put it in the ear that doesn''t hurt, no crackling. It seems to help. Also gargling with salt water. Another friend said to moisturize your nasal passages. For example if you''re in the shower, you cup your hand to catch some water, and sort of breathe it in - obviously not all the way !! - but just to get it up there to moisten, because the bacteria & viruses like dry areas.

I can never afford to let myself come down with a cold, not just because of always having tons to do, but my colds are never small; I lose my voice and am just totally useless, and lose way more time than most folks from a cold. So I try to have all these remedies on hand and bombard myself with all of them at the first hint of a cold, and if I''m careful, it works.

When you''re sick, supposedly your body is too acidic, and you need to eat or drink things that help alkalize it. Most fresh fruits and veggies are good for that. Strangely enough, lemon is alkalizing to your system, even though in itself it''s acidic. So that is why lemon juice is supposed to be good.

Another remedy (although homeopathics never seem to make a difference with me) is a homeopathic remedy called oscillococcinum. (spelling?) As with many of these ideas, you really want to nip it in the bud; if you already have a full-fledged cold, the best you can do is try to reduce the severity and length.

Thank you! I''ve never heard of some of those ideas, but hey, it''s worth a try. I think I have hit the full-fledged cold/flu part already, which is making me lightheaded and nauseas as well
7.gif
. I am really achy. I think I have some V8 juice, maybe I should try that to help alkalize my body?!

Thanks again! I always love hearing things that work for people.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Being sick sucks! Hope you feel better soon.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks me too!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it''s not getting worse than hopefully you''re preventing it from taking hold, which would be great. I hope you beat it! Being sick is just the pits.
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results