shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting ready to purchase - need feedback!

travisf72

Rough_Rock
I would really appreciate input from this incredibly knowledgeable group. I'm getting ready to upgrade an egagement ring as an anniversary gift and am looking for a round in the 1.1-1.3 carat range, H&A, ~$8.5k, eye-clean. I have this one on hold with jamesallen, but was curious if anyone had feedback, or has noticed anything better out there that fits my criteria. I'm open to purchasing the diamond from another site, but I've got my heart set on a ring from JA. Has anyone had experience drop-shipping a diamond?

Thanks!

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1362920.asp

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.22
Cut: Hearts & Arrows Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 61.6%
Table: 55.8%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.87*6.89*4.24
Crown Angle: 34.3
Crown %: 15.00
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.20

slg47

Ideal_Rock
has JA verified that this diamond is eye-clean to your standards? if so, looks like a good choice

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
looks good to me, just need to make sure it's eye clean

travisf72

Rough_Rock
Ok thank you! I'm also really tempted by this H&A on WF. Is it worth the ~$1k premium? The HCA is 1.2 vs. 1.4 for the first one. it would definitely be stretching my budget, but if people think it's a better stone for the premium, I would consider it. Thanks again.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2638942.htm

Shape Round
Carat 1.251
Color I
Clarity VS2
Cut Ideal
Certificate AGS

Depth % 61.5
Table % 56.5
Crown Angle 34.9
Star 54.0
Pavilion Angle 40.7
Crown % 15.0
Lower Girdle % 76.0
Measurements 6.92x6.94x4.26
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible
Girdle Thin to Medium Faceted

Krae11

Rough_Rock
What everyone else said. The numbers look good so long as it's eye clean. I don't have the experience most of the PSers do, but I think, if the JA stone is indeed eye clean, it seems it would be much less hassle to just go with that one since that's where you want to purchase the setting. The more experienced diamond buyers may disagree though.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both look good by the numbers. I think that if the H is eye clean it is better value (provided you don't want to upgrade later, WF has a better upgrade policy). Assuming I did not want to upgrade, I would not personally want to pay $1000 for a lower color grade.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HCA is a blunt weeding tool, not useful if you have the more informative IS photo. Both stones look nice.

JA hearts pic inconsistencies look like stone was slightly tilted during photography. Why are you tempted by the WF? Given the info we have, we have nothing to indicate that the WF will be objectively prettier/sparklier/superior.

If you like the idea of higher clarity and are comfortable with lower colour, and you prefer WF's policies/one of their settings then the WF sounds like the better stone for you - if those same are true for JA then go with that one ;))

travisf72

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the feedback. JA did confirm it was eye clean from 12".

I was tempted by the WF stone b/c I'm a little nervous about an SI without seeing it, but I guess that's what return policies are for. I'll also ask them to look at it with a more stringent eye clean definition.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
travisf72|1304985748|2916813 said:
I was tempted by the WF stone b/c I'm a little nervous about an SI without seeing it, but I guess that's what return policies are for. I'll also ask them to look at it with a more stringent eye clean definition.

That would not be eye clean to me!

Did you look at the H VS2 i posted?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1304990786|2916905 said:
travisf72|1304985748|2916813 said:

That would not be eye clean to me!

Did you look at the H VS2 i posted?

Does that mean that 12" is the closest that it's clean from? If so - big ditto! Unless it's prongable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results