shape
carat
color
clarity

"Getting Ready" time?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Hi lovely newlyweds!

I am in the process of booking my hair and MUA for the big day and I''m wondering how long it will take 1 hair/mua to do my hair and makeup, and 1 service (either hair OR makeup) for my 3 bridesmaids. My mother seems to think 1 person can''t possibly get it all done in time
20.gif
. Tentatively we will start getting ready at 10am and have to be done by 1:30PM...enough time or is my mother right?

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s cutting it close, it took one person an hour and half to do my hair and makeup so if it takes you that long plus 45 minutes for each of your bridesmaids, that''s almost 4 hours. I would ask your stylist their opinion you''d hate to run out of time and feel rushed/stressed that morning.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Agree with purselover. I had 2 stylists do 4 people''s hair and it took just about 3 hours. My SIL did my makeup, which took about a half hour. The rest of the girls did their own. Definitely book way more time than you need, you don''t want to be worrying about being late on the day of.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your input purselover and sunnyd. I guess since I''m ordinarily pretty low maintenance I was thinking a couple of hair pins, spritz with spray, sweep of foundation and a dab of gloss...voila! Insta Bride! Repeat for BMs! Hmm...I guess this means I''ll have to tell my mom she''s not crazy after all...
3.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 6:12:29 PM
Author: MonkeyPants
Thanks for your input purselover and sunnyd. I guess since I''m ordinarily pretty low maintenance I was thinking a couple of hair pins, spritz with spray, sweep of foundation and a dab of gloss...voila! Insta Bride! Repeat for BMs! Hmm...I guess this means I''ll have to tell my mom she''s not crazy after all...
3.gif
Sorry to make you have to admit it.
9.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
We had about 5 people get their hair done and makeup. We had one person doing it all. I was first- at 6am....pictures were at noon lol

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I started getting ready at 5 AM. Our wedding was at 10 AM.
My MUA and hairstylist told me how much time they would need to work with each girl, have you asked your stylists what they think?

I should add that *I* was the one who woke up at 5 AM because only one of my bridesmaids (a sister) offered to take an early appointment. (Three of them were my sisters, by the way!)

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Moly Smurfy and Haven!! there is no way in hell i''m getting up that early! (well maybe if excitement keeps me from sleeping in...) You guys are amazing! I haven''t asked how much time she estimated but I did mention everyone would have to be done at 1:30 for pictures before the ceremony. I will definitely send an email though.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, don''t be impressed. It was a pretty ugly scene there for a while. My mother wisely brought coffee and bagels to the synagogue at 6, but there was an hour there where I was neither fully awake, nor pleasant. I''m just not a morning person.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Assuming you are booking someone that does weddings they should be able to lay out a time frame for you as well as realistically determine how long it should take.

I had one hair person for 10 ppl and we started at 5:00 am and needed to be finished by 11. I had one makeup person for 5 ppl and she came a little later.

We were all done on time but had a spreadsheet schedule that was strictly adheard to.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPants, sorry for hijacking your thread for asking the same sort of question, but it''s a good question and one that hadn''t really occurred to me yet!

So, if it''s just me (no bridesmaids) and my hair won''t be terribly complicated (half up, half down, with clip-in extensions, maybe with some curling if the practice run we do holds for longer than 20 minutes), would an hour be enough to do it and fix any major mistakes and it''s just amateurs doing it (my mom and me)? Or should we attempt to get a professional to do it? Or leave more time? Hmmm...

Apologies for interrupting and for all the parentheses, but t''would be good to know.
1.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 6:17:03 PM
Author: gwendolyn
MonkeyPants, sorry for hijacking your thread for asking the same sort of question, but it''s a good question and one that hadn''t really occurred to me yet!

So, if it''s just me (no bridesmaids) and my hair won''t be terribly complicated (half up, half down, with clip-in extensions, maybe with some curling if the practice run we do holds for longer than 20 minutes), would an hour be enough to do it and fix any major mistakes and it''s just amateurs doing it (my mom and me)? Or should we attempt to get a professional to do it? Or leave more time? Hmmm...

Apologies for interrupting and for all the parentheses, but t''would be good to know.
1.gif

Just my opinion, but if I were you, I would get someone who has experience in doing hair to do it. The last thing you want to do is stress over your hair not ending up the way you want it to be and not know how to fix it.

Haven- that''s how it was for me too! I am SOOOO not a morning person and we had coffee, a fruit platter and rolls. I think it made everyone''s morning slightly better lol

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I got married we had two in-room hair stylists and we went to Nordstrom''s and had our make up done (I went before hand and had a trial done at Bobbi Brown where I ultimately went).

I booked an hour for each and that was fine. Hair for may have taken a little longer. I had 4 bridesmaids and my mom also getting their faces/hair done so I booked 2 hours for each person.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results