shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting Excited is getting frustrated!

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
So I thought I would seek some support from my ladies in waiting :) I know that my boyfriend will probably not be proposing for at least a few months, but for some reason I am just so fixated on it! Seriously, i think I might have a problem haha. I want to start planning everything and I am getting frustrated because I can''t. I have been starting to get into bad moods around my boyfriend and I know that is not good! What to do? What to do?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
40.gif

sorry, you''ve probably said this before somewhere, but have you talked to him about it? like sat him down and...sort of...mapped out a timeline that makes both of you comfortable? that might be a better idea than just e-mailing him pics of the 2620
18.gif

but no sorry you are feeling frustrated! i would just try to talk to him to make sure you two are on the same page.

aVogueIdea

Rough_Rock
So I am no longer a LIW but if you don''t mind that I chime in...

Oh how I know how you feel! I was there. I know that feeling and it''s not fun. But! please enjoy this time with your boyfriend and try not to focus on the engagement, planning and wedding too much. I read many other posts on this site from wise women saying this exact same thing and I wish I listened more. I know it is easier said than done but as soon as you get engaged everyone wants to know when the wedding is, where it is going to be, are they in your bridal party, what your dress is going to look like, where the honeymoon is going to be, how long after you get married do you plan on having kids...the list goes on and on. While it all is very exciting (don''t get me wrong, I am not trying to complain) there is just something about being the two of you without having a bunch of other things going on. Honestly, the last thing I want to do right now is plan anything however before we got engaged all I wanted to do is plan. So what is stopping you? there is no harm in looking (right?)
31.gif
Enjoy just being a couple with your SO right now. Plan a casual date night for the two of you, spend some QT with your girlfriends, and when you need to release, browse some wedding sites to get your fix. That is just my $0.02, not sure if that helps but you have a good group here to help you through it.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you''re feeling frustrated Getting Excited.. It''s hard to be a LIW! :)

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the support! I have talked to him about everything and I know that we are heading towards engagement by the end of the year, but I just don''t know when. You are very right, Avogueidea, I really need to focus on us. We have been so happy together lately! I think that just gets me more excited to marry him and then I start planning and then I get frustrated! haha It is a vicious cycle, I tell ya!

Just having a place to vent helps, though. Thanks ladies!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
end of the year is a good timeline, at least you know that he wants to get engaged too! i find that guys can get upset when you talk about it too much or seem too focused on the ring because then they''re worried that you just want the ring...

but no, i understand totally...i am sort of getting caught up in things...it''s hard not to! it''s an exciting time! but yes keep browsing wedding websites, just not when your bf is in the same room :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
also there are a lot of great wedding shows too that can keep you occupied :)

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I know exactly how you''re feeling so you aren''t alone! Sometimes I find myself getting irritated with my bf but then I stop myself and try to remember it won''t help anything if I just piss him off lol. I don''t really have any good advice except try not to think of it too much and hang in there!
3.gif

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Haha, I''m right there with you. I think it might be happening for me by the end of this year, which is FANTASTIC and exciting....and yet I turn 30 in September and I''m like....OH. If only I could be engaged before I''m 30! GRRRR.

I mostly get by through excessive time on pricescope :)

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
I think looking on Pricescop and wathcing all the wedding shows makes it worse! I want it to be ME picking out the dress at Kleinfeld! haha (or the knock off at a local bridal boutique so I can actually afford it!) I should probably stop watching and lurking, but it is defintely my guility pleasure!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yeah maybe...it''s such a good guilty pleasure though :) :)

also totally agree about the sale/knockoff...those dresses are RIDICULOUSLY expensive! i don''t understand those girls who come in and say their budget is 10,000...in my mind that is NOT a budget! but still a fun show...

and the end of the year isn''t that far off! at least you know he''s thinking about it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results