shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting anxious on engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

engageme

Rough_Rock
Question, I have a ring and am all ready to propose. We are going on Vacation in Las Vegas (Leaving Sunday Morning) and I was going to ask her the first night we get there....however.

I don''t think I can wait anymore. I want so badly to see the ring on her finger and her happieness that I don''t want to wait untill vacation. So I am thining about convincing her to go to dinner and when I pick her up propose to her in her apt then off to dinner.

I have had the ring for 4 weeks...so another one really isn''t going to kill me...but the suspence is starting to.

What to do???? What to do???

Any ideas?

Gale

Shiny_Rock
If you are anxious to do it, then do it! Don't wait for the vacation. A few more days is not going to make any real difference, but if it's bugging you that much, do it! I think it would be a really nice way to start off a vacation together - already engaged.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Gale. Also, since it is BEFORE your trip, she'll really not expect it and be twice as surprised!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Ginger, I was thinking the very same thing!

roadpupp

Rough_Rock
I'm going against the grain here. DON'T DO IT!!

Wait until the moment is special and magic and you two are on vacation. That way when you do pop the question, then the two of you will only have to celebrate, drink, walk amongst the glitter and lights of Vegas and stare into each other's eyes.

If you propose sooner, I am sure it will be great, but then you will still have to deal with the day to day crap like packing for the vacation, dealing with the airport, etc.

I am in the same boat. The damn ring has been sitting in it's hiding place for three weeks now and we don't leave for Mexico for another 8 days! I want to spring it on her as it is a huge suprise (she doesn't even know I was ring shopping) but I know it will be that much more special on the beach under the moonlight after a romantic dinner, etc.

Hang in there man!

engageme

Rough_Rock
Well I went ahead and did it last night. Left work early, drove home and took it from the safe then drove to her place. She arrived home, I helped her unload and then held her, told her how much I love her (we have been together 5 years) and just kept talking about us and our future. She kept trying to tell me about her day at the office, how this bad thing happened or how much fun something else was. I just kept interrupting her and spoke about our future as a couple. Moving in together and getting a home of our own; having a place for her cats to run around....etc. Then the phone rang and I asked her to let the machine get it. I hugged her and told her I loved her again and wanted to be her husband. I asked her how much she loved me. (I then reached into my left pants pocket still hugging her with one arm) and when she let go to stretch her arms out wide I got down on my knee, opened the box, looked up at her and asked her to be my wife. She said yes and then kissed me.

After that we went to her parents’ house so she could show them and then went to dinner. I had the tuna and she had a seafood medley over rice. Funny thing about dinner; she didn’t finish and we asked to have it wrapped. As the waitress was taking the dishes back to the kitchen she bumped into the side wall dropping the meal all over the floor. The manager came over and apologized asking if we wanted them to make her a complete new meal to take home. Of course we said that is was not necessary. As we were walking out of the restaurant the manager came over and gave us a gift certificate for “Brunch for Two” at no charge; turns out that brunch is $20 per person.
rolleyes.gif

So in the end it was a happy evening for the both of us.
appl.gif

Thanks to all of you for your input. I think I was pretty set on asking her before I wrote the message…..but it’s always nice to get some feedback.

Roadpupp: all I can say is this,….it’s going to be special for the both of you regardless of the location you ask…so I would say that if you really want to wait then wait…otherwise ask her tonight and spend the next 7 days enjoying being an engaged couple.

Joe

P.S. I have been at work for 3 hrs now and have not done a darn thing….and don’t think I will be doing much the rest of the day.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Heartfelt congratulations to you and your financee! Nice story. Waiting for the vacation and perfect moment would have been nice as well, but she must not have seen it coming at all on a Monday evening. You sound pleased with your evening.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
congrats engageme!! I'm glad you didn't wait!

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I'm glad that your engagement went well! A great proposal is about creating a perfect moment. It can happen any time and anywhere if it's done right. You did that right by talking about your relationship and making her feel happy, special and loved leading up to your proposal. That's what it's all about. Some people get so hung up on the surprise that they forget that it's about creating a mood (after the mood is created, surprise is a wonderful fun element for both people in a well though out proposal), but surprise by itself without creating the right mood is not worth it.

Congratulations! You are going to have SO much fun together on this trip as a newly engaged couple!

engageme

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your advise and congratulations! She is happy and I am happy that she is happy so that is all that matters. When I see her this weekend I will take a few pictures of the ring and post them on the site.

Thanks again!!!!!!!
wavey.gif

roadpupp

Rough_Rock
Hey, It sounds like it all worked out very, very well. Good going. I guess I'll shut up now, Heh.

I wish I could do the same as the ring is burning a hole in my pocket. One more week!

congrats on your engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results