shape
carat
color
clarity

getting an eternity ring made

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarafina

Rough_Rock
how difficult is this? and how might one go about pricing one?
i see beautiful eternity rings on signed pieces, but i saw one in a photo that i cannot find anywhere, and want to see if i can have something custom made in the future.

to wit:

1. how does one go about pricing diamonds for an eternity ring?

2. can you go down in quality a little to save a little?

3. anyone on here use an eternity ring as an e-ring?

i love the quality of the SP eternity rings, but i don''t feel i need VVS1 F quality diamonds if lower grade with ideal cuts would be available. am i making sense here??

thanks in advance.... :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what size diamonds are you wanting? most vendors will not sell individual diamonds under a certain size (I think maybe Wink jones being the exception, if he still does) so you''re probably going to be stuck with whatever the custom vendor uses as their melee.

sometimes you can go down in quality, it''s going to depend on the vendor

lots of gals were eternity rings as their e-rings...

sarafina

Rough_Rock
thanks for your reply.
ideally i'd like something bar set that alternates between round brilliants or princess with double baguettes. i've seen something like this at SP, but it's a little too narrow.
http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=1750

i'd want it a little more substantial (say, 5mm). i love the diamond quality of the SP, but wonder if i could do better somewhere else with a lower clarity and color with an excellent cut. or, if i could ask SP to see if they have something a little wider, but still with the same style?

eta: perhaps the single diamonds could be around .3 carats? is this crazy?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t think it''s crazy but you might be a good candidate for custom with all the elements you want to include. I''d email WF for a quoute. in .30''s you could probably have more say as to the color/clarity combo.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it''s all about the price, you might want to go with SP. Their prices are really good for their eternity bands especially considering the quality of the diamonds. I don''t think you would be able to have something custom made for less $ even if you used inferior diamonds.

If you would prefer to go custom for the look you describe however, whiteflash has made some gorgeous EB''s for people here on pricescope. Gorgeous!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
if you are liking signed pieces they will probably make what you want also. they did do some earrings for me and gave a quote on a necklace. i have also used white flash and they are both good. i would have no problem with either. price would be the determining factor for me.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results