shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

SweetSapphire

Rough_Rock
2Neezers, thank you so much for sharing; all of the garnets are so beautiful! So happy for you that you landed your dream spess.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please enlighten me on why the round and oval went so fast, but the cushion (gem 2264) has been lingering on the website still. The quality ratings given by Gene are the same as the ones for the round. Do people just not like cushion cuts as much? Is there too much red in the color? Are you seeing brown that you didn't see in the other gems? Gem 2264 looks more Fanta orange to me.

I'm not entirely sure why the others sold before 2264 either. Personally I prefer 2333 to 2264, in both color and shape. 2333 looks more neon to me and I prefer the typical Loliondo material to Nigerian ones. If there's red secondary I prefer much reddish ones than 2264. Also I much prefer rounds and ovals to cushions to the point I won't buy cushions unless it's super rare material and impossible to obtain similar stuff in a different shape. I would really have to be in love with the color and have to be convinced I can't come across another in the same color in order to buy a cushion. I think cushions are popular though in general, I don't remember reading anybody actively disliking cushions aside from myself.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Cockatiel and others: for me personally, I prefer the color of 2264, as 2333 does not look neon to me as appears on the vendor picture on my computer monitor. 2333 looks to me a big more orange than the zircon, gem 2274. There is also no video for 2333. However, I acquired a trillion spess from @2Neezers earlier this year, and I don't want too many spess garnets in my collection, as I have limited options on how to set them. I'm limited by the melee stones I have, which are primarily red, gray, green. I've run out of pink rubies and blue sapphires, which are all to be used for other projects already planned.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Cockatiel and others: for me personally, I prefer the color of 2264, as 2333 does not look neon to me as appears on the vendor picture on my computer monitor. 2333 looks to me a big more orange than the zircon, gem 2274. There is also no video for 2333. However, I acquired a trillion spess from @2Neezers earlier this year, and I don't want too many spess garnets in my collection, as I have limited options on how to set them. I'm limited by the melee stones I have, which are primarily red, gray, green. I've run out of pink rubies and blue sapphires, which are all to be used for other projects already planned.

I was considering the cushion spess not too long before the oval I purchased was listed. I only passed on the cushion because it looks similar in size, shape and color to a cushion spess I purchased from Gene a while back. The cushion spess 2264 looks gorgeous! I happen to have a screen shot of it along with the yellow zircon 2274 and a blue zircon he had sent in a video, in case you’re still thinking about it. My brain understands color nuances much easier when I see various colors together. I may have purchased the blue zircon :lol:.
2EB194CB-45C9-4CF3-A0BE-094A83A139EA.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
@2Neezers man is the sale price enticing. But I sent out stones to set a dozen rings this summer, and I'm seriously worried I'll be in financial trouble if I keep buying new stones. I love the color of the yellow zircon in that picture! But, the only way I can think of setting it if I purchased it would be vivid yellow diamonds around it (major $$$$) to make it a gigantic sunflower ring or brooch. I definitely cannot afford that, with how many projects I still have ongoing. So I can only hope that zircon and the spess cushion go to a loving home soon.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@2Neezers man is the sale price enticing. But I sent out stones to set a dozen rings this summer, and I'm seriously worried I'll be in financial trouble if I keep buying new stones. I love the color of the yellow zircon in that picture! But, the only way I can think of setting it if I purchased it would be vivid yellow diamonds around it (major $$$$) to make it a gigantic sunflower ring or brooch. I definitely cannot afford that, with how many projects I still have ongoing. So I can only hope that zircon and the spess cushion go to a loving home soon.
The sale price is very tempting! He mentioned the honey orange zircon is now yellow, as he had heated it. It looks so pretty! Hopefully the stones will find their homes soon and stop tempting us, lol.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was lucky enough to get the oval spess! I have been dreaming of an oval Loliondo spess for ages and am so excited to have this gorgeous stone! I love garnets, so I naturally had to grab the purple and Mali garnets at the same time. You just don’t see these varieties in precision cuts very often. Back to my buying ban after this purchase :lol:.
2399D00E-C493-4A13-A226-C8A8B3D7C7D3.jpeg
797809FB-E807-44EE-AD71-957630624014.jpeg

Guess it’s like potato chips... you can’t just eat one (or buy, in this case).
They are all gorgeous though I’ll admit I’m partial to that spess. :love:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Guess it’s like potato chips... you can’t just eat one (or buy, in this case).
They are all gorgeous though I’ll admit I’m partial to that spess. :love:

I can’t wait to see your pictures when you receive your spess! It’s looks so bright and pretty! My pictures don’t do the spess justice and I think you are going to be thrilled with yours!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought the 3.44 blue-green tourmaline. It is one of the most beautiful stones I have! I was absolutely blown away when I saw it! I tried several times to capture the color, but my phone won't cooperate. It's lighter than my photo, and closer to Gene's photo. I sent him an email about it and he replied that it "was one of the nicest stones" he's cut in a long time.
IMG_2808.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the 3.44 blue-green tourmaline. It is one of the most beautiful stones I have! I was absolutely blown away when I saw it! I tried several times to capture the color, but my phone won't cooperate. It's lighter than my photo, and closer to Gene's photo. I sent him an email about it and he replied that it "was one of the nicest stones" he's cut in a long time.
IMG_2808.jpeg

I was SO tempted by this one! That blue green color... :kiss2:
Congrats on scoring such a beauty.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
These beauties are new on the site too.

1D648D92-67C3-453E-992B-D00C7B27A59D.jpeg

I'm pretty sure I opened the site within 2 minutes of receiving the latest update email, and that cobalt spinel was already sold lol. But that zircon :kiss2:

If only I hadn't just bought a bunch of other stones in the last 30 days from all these gemstone sales... There are just too many shiny temptations lately!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I almost put that tourmaline on a credit card! However, I know that’s not smart. But goodness it is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

It is a beauty, that’s for sure! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure I opened the site within 2 minutes of receiving the latest update email, and that cobalt spinel was already sold lol. But that zircon :kiss2:

If only I hadn't just bought a bunch of other stones in the last 30 days from all these gemstone sales... There are just too many shiny temptations lately!!

I feel that. I’ve purchased a couple things lately too (and I was being so good before). :lol: I’m actually surprised the zircon is still available. It’s a gorgeous color.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Hello all, been a while. I bought the less popular red sapphire:
IMG_1729.JPG IMG_1740.JPG IMG_1749.JPG

Sorry about the terrible pictures. The blurry ones represent the actual color. I shouldn't be spending money but I just had to see it in person and it's proving hard for me to return. This is the first stone I actually really want to set (but I won't just yet).

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry about the terrible pictures. The blurry ones represent the actual color. I shouldn't be spending money but I just had to see it in person and it's proving hard for me to return. This is the first stone I actually really want to set (but I won't just yet).

That's a beautiful one Shijitake!!!

Isn't that a Ruby? I didn't see what it was listed as but it's gorgeous!!!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think Gene would accept a kidney in exchange for the blue sapphire? It's absolutely gorgeous! I hope a PSer got this and we can see more of it!

If vendors started accepting organs as payment, I have a feeling that a lot of PSers would be short a kidney. :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is that the .65ct sapphire posted here?
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/genes-newest-stones-precision-gem.215428/post-4771223

It looks gorgeous! :love:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gene dropped a group of stones today and everything has sold except this gorgeous tourmaline pair.
8D8B0DD4-06F5-4CAD-A3D9-469EB5886420.jpeg
I think they would look amazing as sides in a tourmaline three stone statement ring with this stone that‘s still available.
B993E578-A171-45AD-98EC-54C0B6777DB4.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene dropped a group of stones today and everything has sold except this gorgeous tourmaline pair.
8D8B0DD4-06F5-4CAD-A3D9-469EB5886420.jpeg
I think they would look amazing as sides in a tourmaline three stone statement ring with this stone that‘s still available.
B993E578-A171-45AD-98EC-54C0B6777DB4.jpeg

I think they would make amazing side stones too! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like almost everything sold in todays drop. Fess up people. I‘m hoping it was PSers so I can ogle those pics. :mrgreen: That tanzanite is really something. If I didn’t already have mine, I’d have been all over that baby.

726D951D-5BEF-4B90-B8C6-A1DA6691C550.jpeg

7D371348-B11A-4534-B385-7511266DCEA8.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results