shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn’t get the email this time. Lilac was a great deal! Love that ruby.

voce

Ideal_Rock
With Gene's stones, I don't worry nobody will buy them. I worry somebody will have already gone for what I want.

SweetSapphire

Rough_Rock
Can’t wait to see pics of these latest purchases. I hope the owner of the oval spess is a PSer, too; that’s the one that got away for me.:razz:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Please enlighten me on why the round and oval went so fast, but the cushion (gem 2264) has been lingering on the website still. The quality ratings given by Gene are the same as the ones for the round. Do people just not like cushion cuts as much? Is there too much red in the color? Are you seeing brown that you didn't see in the other gems? Gem 2264 looks more Fanta orange to me.

SweetSapphire

Rough_Rock
Please enlighten me on why the round and oval went so fast, but the cushion (gem 2264) has been lingering on the website still. The quality ratings given by Gene are the same as the ones for the round. Do people just not like cushion cuts as much? Is there too much red in the color? Are you seeing brown that you didn't see in the other gems? Gem 2264 looks more Fanta orange to me.

I honestly think it’s the orange hue. The round and oval gems were both from Loliondo, Tanzania, which has that yellow-orange hue while the Nigerian stones tend to be redder. That’s my guess. I recently acquired a beautiful round Nigerian spess but want a more yellow toned Tanzanian one now, preferably in a more elongated cut.

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock

I love the color and have gone back and forth on whether to purchase it or not. It is the cushion shape I don’t prefer.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yup, its difference in secondary color (imho). The round is a bright orange yellow, whereas the cushion is an orange red color. Most people seem to prefer the orange yellow vs orange red in spess. I love both :)

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was lucky enough to get the oval spess! I have been dreaming of an oval Loliondo spess for ages and am so excited to have this gorgeous stone! I love garnets, so I naturally had to grab the purple and Mali garnets at the same time. You just don’t see these varieties in precision cuts very often. Back to my buying ban after this purchase :lol:.
2399D00E-C493-4A13-A226-C8A8B3D7C7D3.jpeg
797809FB-E807-44EE-AD71-957630624014.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
I was lucky enough to get the oval spess! I have been dreaming of an oval Loliondo spess for ages and am so excited to have this gorgeous stone! I love garnets, so I naturally had to grab the purple and Mali garnets at the same time. You just don’t see these varieties in precision cuts very often. Back to my buying ban after this purchase :lol:.
2399D00E-C493-4A13-A226-C8A8B3D7C7D3.jpeg
797809FB-E807-44EE-AD71-957630624014.jpeg
Wow! That neon orange! The other garnets are nice, but the spess is a color that grabs your attention.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results