carat
color
clarity

Gemstone hall of shame

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That’s why color is subjective.

I would call it grayish yellow.

I tried to see how it looked in a mocha diamond setting, but meh.

I actually saw large fcd’s on eBay this color, for extremely reasonable prices.

0107DA69-D462-4D42-B55B-38E15177CE60.jpeg
96B72D3D-F5E4-4A36-96E4-4F5FFDAF9E4A.jpeg
Thank you
In the future i want a remembrance ring for Tibby Tabby the colour of his eyes and
that's a very close colour and even converted to $NZ a very reasonable price

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This drives me nuts. Okay the stone is included, but it still could have been a lovely gem if the person cutting it didn’t wear a blindfold while sitting on a unicycle and juggling at the same time.!!

it drives me crazy to see a poorly cut gem that otherwise had so much potential. I’m not saying it has to be precision cut, but the cutlet is off center and the faceting is beyond awful. The window just emphasizes the one large inclusion. The poor vendor is trying so hard to extol its virtues, but that cutting is a crime. Okay, off my soapbox now!

I’d halo it!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Videos like his with him superimposed are creepy to me, for some reason. The center stone in my avatar pendant is an alex. It's 1000x nicer than his, and cost a helluva lot less. On the flip side, the inclusions in his are crystal clear so you know what you're getting. :roll2:

Reactions: T L

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He just posted this, and I cannot believe he’s praising the cutting on this!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feel free to bash it. I don’t mind.

Gotta say I don't hate it. Definitely interesting. And I bet it looks different all the time.

Not my favorite but it must be in the top half of what I see in eBay...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotta say I don't hate it. Definitely interesting. And I bet it looks different all the time.

Not my favorite but it must be in the top half of what I see in eBay...

I didn’t get it from eBay, but a trusted reputable vendor. I bought some other things from this vendor but they just didn’t live up to the online photos, but other people are happy with them. C’est la vie.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t get it from eBay, but a trusted reputable vendor.

Of course. I just meant in terms of comparators for true hall-of-shame status!

Reactions: T L

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
This drives me nuts. Okay the stone is included, but it still could have been a lovely gem if the person cutting it didn’t wear a blindfold while sitting on a unicycle and juggling at the same time.!!

it drives me crazy to see a poorly cut gem that otherwise had so much potential. I’m not saying it has to be precision cut, but the cutlet is off center and the faceting is beyond awful. The window just emphasizes the one large inclusion. The poor vendor is trying so hard to extol its virtues, but that cutting is a crime. Okay, off my soapbox now!

You're being way too polite. Skyjems has some of the most poorly cut, included, washed out and/or dark stones anywhere! Their prices are also absolutely absurd. You might get a decent tourmaline lot for a couple hundred, but when it comes to bigger stones, walk away!

He's asking 10 grand for a black sapphire...
1618217398532.png
The jewelry designs are also hideous.

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
You're being way too polite. Skyjems has some of the most poorly cut, included, washed out and/or dark stones anywhere! Their prices are also absolutely absurd. You might get a decent tourmaline lot for a couple hundred, but when it comes to bigger stones, walk away!

1618217398532.png

Wow! And to think that is what the stone looks under studio flood lights.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1618217398532.png

But you can go to his store by appointment only.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results