carat
color
clarity

Gemstone Anonymous Support Group

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GAS-G

Are you a part of the GAS-G? Do you have a undeniable need to shop for gemstones? Don't have a big budget? No worries, shop for something small?

Shouldn't be spending at all? No worries, shop for something small! Should be saving for a setting? Promised your self/partner no more? More important things to buy?!! NO WORRIES, SHOP FOR SOMETHING SMALL!

After all, it's another gem for the collection, another tick for the list... right? RIGHT?!!!

I need help. I should stop but I don't want to.

If this sounds like you, please join me in my lamenting and complaining and buying and proudly showing off the new treasures :wall: :naughty:

:wall: :wall: :wall:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine goes like this dear fellow GA (Gemstone Anonymous) members,

I will attempt to set some of the stones I already have before purchasing more....

I will give myself a week to think about if I really need another stone.

I will attempt to stop buying high end settings, even though I have a "thing" for them as much if not more so than I do for the stones themselves.

I will attempt to actually fill said settings with some of the said stones that are unset....

I will stop buying "something" for a new project and then not using it so that it ends up in the above pile of unset stones.

Yeah that's about it :saint:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I think I signed up for GA support group a long time ago... :lol:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm about to put down a deposit on yet another stone... and this was supposed to be my year of saving :rolleyes:

So far made 3 (this will be 4th) purchases since I made the resolve to save. Granted, they are really small purchases.... and I have thought about *most* of them for about/at least a week before I pulled the trigger but... oh I don't know!

I don't want loads of little purchases but I love variety and I also want to own all the rare stones :lol: I'm hopeless!

I think I've also decided since I want so much variety (and I don't want to get bankrupt..) there are some stones I will never own due to not wanting to put down 1 massive lump sum on a single stone... a paraiba tourmaline, an unheated blood red ruby, a burmese red spinal of decent size, a neon pink mehange of decent size and my most coveted stone right now, a blue cobalt spinal... :errrr:

Unless I get those stones in meelee size but that's never the same.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1461661803|4023668 said:

And look where it got you?

DK :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must thank Jeff D for scaling down his eBay shop as it helped me in buying less from him.

DK :))

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1461690170|4023823 said:

I thought the point was to support each other in justifying our wants and buys :confused:

theredspinel|1461663517|4023670 said:
I think I've also decided since I want so much variety (and I don't want to get bankrupt..) there are some stones I will never own due to not wanting to put down 1 massive lump sum on a single stone... a paraiba tourmaline, an unheated blood red ruby, a burmese red spinal of decent size, a neon pink mehange of decent size and my most coveted stone right now, a blue cobalt spinal... :errrr:

You sound like me when I joined and surprisingly I managed to accumulate everything on your list :angel: ....so I look forward to seeing where you are on the list a year from now :whistle:

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
LOL ! I so agree with you lilmosun. Need support here in this group. I'm afraid I'm in the same boat and the water is getting deep. Unfortunately I have spent time, money, and energy on stones that now I wished I hadn't so that I could get the ones I really want now. Ho Hum :doh:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1461690170|4023823 said:

DK. You know I blame you for a lot of my obsessions, especially with pearls :lol: :lol: Definitely need to be more active in GA Support Group!! :) :) How are your setting plans going along? Did diamondmounts finish the settings for the stones you dropped off during your previous visit?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1461731945|4024063 said:
DK. You know I blame you for a lot of my obsessions, especially with pearls :lol: :lol: Definitely need to be more active in GA Support Group!! :) :) How are your setting plans going along? Did diamondmounts finish the settings for the stones you dropped off during your previous visit?

Getting the Mahenge Spinel trillion from Yvonne and the blue green Tourmaline from Gene meant delayed in setting the stones by 4-5 months.

On top of that, I am getting an ID style bracelet with carre cut diamonds from my mum's ring which will take up the jewellery budget for a further 3 months at least.

I should get the JD Amethyst ring soon, just one more instalment by the end of this week.

I shall set the Sea of Cortez mabe next, to be followed by Doug's natural blue Asscher Topaz.

I shall re-evaluate what to set afterwards, as the EC Aquamarine from Jeff W should be ready/paid for by then (this one is planned for 2016, and not an impulse buy).

I should set another ring or two before I start paying for a 3-stone set of blue/green Tourmaline from Jeff W.

In short, setting plan as decided last November goes out of the window! :lol:

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results