shape
carat
color
clarity

gemprint necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrmarius

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am having a bridal set appraised on Thursday and one of the services that was offered in addition to the appraisal was GemPrint. I know what GemPrint is, but am not sure I want or need to spend the $30 or so for it. I would think that if I ever suspected my stone had been switched if it ever needed repair, the inclusions ought to be enough for me to identify it.

Thoughts?

thanks,
Marius
:wavey:

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ASk your insurance company if they give a 10% discount for having a stone gemprinted. Some insurers offer this discount. If so, then the $30 will be money well spent. If not, then I'd say forget it as the recovery of a stolen diamond through Gemprint is theoretically possible, but quite rare.

I am not certain of the actual statistics on how many diamonds have been returned to their registered owners via Gemprinting. Maybe the sales person can tell you. I doubt they know or have any data to back up any surprisingly high number.

mrmarius

Rough_Rock
Ok, will do. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results