shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem Books for the Holidays

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Dear Friends,

Tis the season (almost) so what do I give to my gem lovin friends? Let me see:

For Josh: Anything that isn''t about Richard Homer

For AnA: Is there anything she hasn''t read?

My Suggestions:

"The History Of Mt. Mica" A reprint by Rubellite Press of a classic book written in the Nineteenth Century. Beautifully bound and richly illustrated: http://homepage.mac.com/rasprague/rubellite/pub3.html

"Secrets Of The Gem Trade, The Connoisseurs Guide To Precious Gemstones" by Richard W. Wise. Highly Recommended by , Rapaport, Canadian Jeweler, Metalsmith, Gem Market News, Orchid and Gems & Gemology: http://www.gia.edu/gemsandgemology/620/21350/this_weeks_news_details.cfm. Comes signed: Brunswick House Press: www.secretsofthegemtrade.com

Next,

Sagebrush

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2004 7:22
6.gif
2 AM
Author:Sagebrush

Tis the season (almost) so what do I give to my gem lovin friends? Let me see:

This is an excellent idea. You have mentioned two books of which I have never even heard. Why not make out a list of some basic books for people who don''t have any or who want to expand from diamonds into colored gems? Friends who do not know me well enough to know what I have read or own gave me some cute little hardback books for Christmas one year. I am not recommending them, just saying we could compile a list of simple books, too. I found one of the little books I received. It is called, "Sapphires are a Girl''s Best Friend" by Sue Heady and is published by Grange Books. It isn''t Richard Hughes, but it is cute, could be a stocking stuffer. I *think* I received two others of this series.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results