shape
carat
color
clarity

gcal optical brilliance analysis vs ideal scope & aset

eyvind

Rough_Rock
Hello

Forgive me uneducated question, but is optical brilliance analysis on gcal cert somehow comparable to ideal scope image? If yes, how? Does it provide similar amount of information?
Also lower on gcal cert there is an image showing optical symmetry analysis (as said, it's related to light handling as well) which looks similar to aset images. Same question - are this two comparable?
blknvhw5080985.jpg

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Descriptions of the methodology are a little vague on their website, but from what I can surmise I would say their optical brilliance test is similar to ideal scope minus the structured contrast. In other words, it does not factor in obscuration. And the optical symmetry image is a reflector like ASET but with different color coding of different angular ranges (specifics not stated). Unlike ASET it is aparently not designed to illustrate the quality of the light as much as it is just to show the symmetry of light return. For instance, if you divide the image into 4 quadrants, each should have a very similar pattern if the stone is symmetrical in 3 dimensions.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Texas Leaguer|1443557930|3933246 said:
Descriptions of the methodology are a little vague on their website, but from what I can surmise I would say their optical brilliance test is similar to ideal scope minus the structured contrast. In other words, it does not factor in obscuration. And the optical symmetry image is a reflector like ASET but with different color coding of different angular ranges (specifics not stated). Unlike ASET it is aparently not designed to illustrate the quality of the light as much as it is just to show the symmetry of light return. For instance, if you divide the image into 4 quadrants, each should have a very similar pattern if the stone is symmetrical in 3 dimensions.

Excellent interpretation Bryan.
GCAL use DiBox but with a proprietary version of something more like the old Gilbertson-scope. It is possible to interpret the result if you know the structure of the lighting - but sonce they will not share that with anyone, it is an opaque system. Sad really.
And the fact that the images are so tiny is even sadder.
The Palmeiri family who own and operate GCAL are good people, but they seem to be stuck in the previous century.

Guy's if you have your google alert settings turned on, please come and talk to us?

eyvind

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your answers! So these are similar tools but we cannot compare the outcomes due to the lack of data. Basically, the gcal excellent can mean anything? I guess BN had to provide some additional data for their ideal signature line in order to keep up with other vendors (seeing that they provide ideal scope and aset images). I just don't understand why it cannot be data which is comparable with others :nono:
Btw, please forgive me my grammar, English is not my native language

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have invited my long time friends at GCAL to this thread. Maybe they will respond in a meaningful way.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
eyvind|1443650803|3933597 said:
Thank you so much for your answers! So these are similar tools but we cannot compare the outcomes due to the lack of data. Basically, the gcal excellent can mean anything? I guess BN had to provide some additional data for their ideal signature line in order to keep up with other vendors (seeing that they provide ideal scope and aset images). I just don't understand why it cannot be data which is comparable with others :nono:
Btw, please forgive me my grammar, English is not my native language
Your English is as perfect as your comprehension of the issue :read:

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oldminer|1443716890|3933803 said:
I have invited my long time friends at GCAL to this thread. Maybe they will respond in a meaningful way.

I hope we do hear from them. Thanks Bryan and Garry for the concise information.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results