carat
color
clarity

Garry's store was robbed : (

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garry
Sorry to hear this horrible new. :(sad Glad to hear that no one was hurt.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!! Thank goodness everyone is ok! Smart employees and great training. I hope they get caught soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How terrible. I am glad no one was hurt.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gawd how utterly horrible! :-o So glad to hear everyone is ok. My thoughts are with Gary & his staff at this time. Let's hope the cops catch them soon! :angryfire:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thx all. They have 2 in jail and 3 suspects.
Staff went to kitchen with retired bank manager who was held up 3 times plus his wife.clients.
No guns. Machetes and sledge hammers. Could be African refugees. 2 held are 17 and 18.
They lassed over very high value diamonds for gold and aquas etc. Not smart.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hmhmhm|1484311580|4114990 said:

I just have a feeling that the one under 18 is likely going to use some sob story with no actual remorse for their actions to hoodwink the magistrate who hears the case. And then he'll be let off with a community service order by a soft magistrate with a wholly suspended sentence.

I say throw the book at 'em! :angryfire:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Horrifying and scary, but very glad everyone is unharmed!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear Garry.
But am glad that no one WA physically hurt.

Only gold and aquas- they may be more highly prized or easier to sell on the black market???!
In any case they police have managed to get the thugs involved.

Good luck with the "renovations"/ rebuilding for physical property and rebuilding and supporting of staff and clients.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least that is good news. Lot of damage to store, glass, cases etc. Hope your staff will stay and not be frightened away after all this.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope that you and your staff are all O.K, what a horrible thing to occur - young and stupid people, glad they caught them hopefully they will receive more than a slap on the wrist and all go to jail.....

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It got worse today. One of the other t stores robbed in similar style was robbed again and manaqger bashed.
We are hiring armed guards till this is sorted.
Ca t believe our safe most livable city in the world has come to this!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah that IS terrible, we are a country that prides itself on average to low crime rates. I guess at least they don't have easy access to guns, if they are indeed young offenders that is half the problem they get a slap on the wrist and let out again....

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My thoughts are with you and your staff during this difficult time.

Jeff Ira

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's terrible. Hope the Police get them all.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garry, I'm so sorry. I am relieved no one was hurt, but it's terrible that you had to go through it at all. I am glad some of them were caught. Take good care and hiring guards is a smart idea. Best to you and your employees.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry,
Just returning from vacation and reading about this now. So sorry to hear about the trauma. It's a blessing that none of your folks were physically injured. I hope things get back to normal for you soon. I know from personal experience it can take a while, and really, nobody is ever quite the same after such an event.

Please know WF is in solidarity with you and your staff.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for everyones kind wishes.
Staff traumatised.
2 in jail, one has done several robberies. Police will nail the other 3 suspects they have interviewed.
Sudanese refugee community apparently passing information to the police because their lives in this wonderful host nation are suffering.

The larger problem is the bosses who run the fencing business and hire these drop kick idiots by finding them on slutty social media like this (one of our bandits) http://qooh.me/manakhuzz
The goods are transferred to the fencing people very shortly after the robbery and reportedly sent overseas to Asian markets.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Garry H (Cut Nut)|1484702409|4116110 said:
Thanks for everyones kind wishes.
Staff traumatised.
2 in jail, one has done several robberies. Police will nail the other 3 suspects they have interviewed.
Sudanese refugee community apparently passing information to the police because their lives in this wonderful host nation are suffering.

The larger problem is the bosses who run the fencing business and hire these drop kick idiots by finding them on slutty social media like this (one of our bandits) http://qooh.me/manakhuzz
The goods are transferred to the fencing people very shortly after the robbery and reportedly sent overseas to Asian markets.

Am sure that the Sudanese community are sick and tired of these types of idiots ruining the hard work that many of them have made in integrating into Australian society and enriching our nation. Good on them for being good citizens who want to participate in society rather than something else.

Also equally as sure of some idiots out there who will attempt to use this situation as an example of why we should ban immigrants.

Need more of the former, less of the latter.

Here's to the stocktake not being as bad as you might have first thought Gary.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results