shape
carat
color
clarity

Garnet

liliangrae

Rough_Rock
Hi all

Having trouble trying to upload this image. But what do you guys think of this almandite ? It is 2.12 cts., 7.6 x 5.1 mm. Garnet is my birthstone, would love some recommendations on jewelers. I would like to turn it into a ring set in WG or even RG.

Almandite.png

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
it will be dark

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree. The only settings that come to mind would be Peter Lees' aura or something maximally open.
I shall try to post links tomorrow.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
even with being set with maximal openness [is that a word?], this stone will be dark. however, garnets of this type do run dark.

cut looks good, though, which will help but not cure the overall properties of a normally dark type of garnet.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone probably will do well set in yellow gold and prong set to allow maximum light through. Certain garnet types do have the tendency towards being dark in tone, but at least this one is cut beautifully. I doubt it'll black out and should show nice flashes of colour under low lighting.

liliangrae

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the all the info and concern over the darkness. I know that certain garnets can be quite dark but that is actually one of the things I prefer as I am trying to replace a garnet ring by Grandpa bought (and my sister lost) for me. In any case, I didn't end up with that stone but did get this one. It reminds me of hard candy for some reason, so smooth and clean cut.

Thanks Chrono, I am not a huge fan of Y Gold but the yellow might play up the deep reds of the garnet very well.

My%20garnet.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results