shape
carat
color
clarity

Garage organization

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I are considering getting some pieces from Gladiator because they're supposed to be high quality, look decent, etc.

We're thinking of getting a couple of the tall Premier gear boxes, a couple of the Premier wall boxes, and a gear locker (which is the same as a gear box, but just separated in the middle, so you can put brooms, etc.)...

http://www.gladiatorgarageworks.com/-%5BGATB302DRG%5D-1700150/GATB302DRG/
http://www.gladiatorgarageworks.com/-[GAWG302DRG]-1700192/GAWG302DRG/
http://www.gladiatorgarageworks.com/-[GATL302DRG]-1700159/GATL302DRG/#

Does anyone own these?

Or what do you think by what you can tell...any thoughts?

(I can't make the bottom 2 links work - not sure why - if I copy and paste into the browser it does take me to the product)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People organize their garages?
Who knew? :confused:

Sorry, I'm no help. :(sad

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny!

I was hoping you'd answer!

But I thought you'd have some brands or ideas or whatever haha

Yes, we try, at least. It's not looking so great right now. When DH gets busy and lets it go it looks terrible (just like anything else).

We have several open shelves, but cabinetry would help, and would give a more uniform look rather than have everything out on shelves.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I like the idea of stuff being hidden....as in cabinets. :bigsmile:

From an outsider perspective, it definitely looks neater--but of course, cabinets can become just as messy. Cabinets don't organize themselves.....It is like robbing Peter to pay Paul. Is say this b/c my DH and son are incapable of throwing anything away--hence the "onus is on me" (someone) to keep things tidy.

I donate, re-purpose where possible, and garbage where appropriate. It takes effort, but is worthwhile because I have learned from experience that no one died because high school "curling pants" were tossed out.

cheers--Sharon

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal said:
HI:

I like the idea of stuff being hidden....as in cabinets. :bigsmile:

From an outsider perspective, it definitely looks neater--but of course, cabinets can become just as messy. Cabinets don't organize themselves.....It is like robbing Peter to pay Paul. Is say this b/c my DH and son are incapable of throwing anything away--hence the "onus is on me" (someone) to keep things tidy.

I donate, re-purpose where possible, and garbage where appropriate. It takes effort, but is worthwhile because I have learned from experience that no one died because high school "curling pants" were tossed out.

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, I am so with you that cabinets can become (or start out!) just as messy.

I hate clutter and I hate things mixed together that don't make sense to be mixed together.

DH has gotten better with getting rid of stuff but still holds on to things much more than I do. And he's much more tolerant of things being mixed together, which doesn't help.

So I think the cabinets are not a real solution unless we purge and truly organize first.

BUT - I'll take it anyway, over what we have now (again even though by most people's standards when he pays attention to it, it does look pretty OK.)

I just won't open the cabinet doors :lol:

Hoping someone jumps in who has seen these in person or owns them, or knows of another good system that we can consider. :wavey:

Q

Queenie60

I would suggest you contact a closet company or other company that specializes in garage cabinets. They can spec them to fit your garage and your needs. We did this a few years back - I had a Costco cabinet made for me so that when I enter garage with my Costco haul, I can unload into that cabinet. A golf cabinet for my husband and others for other storage needs. Works wonders!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results