shape
carat
color
clarity

Funny weekend story...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock

A funny little antic. This weekend we had a wedding to go to. It was very formal and I was looking at my jewelry to figure out what to wear. I usually wear this beautiful rhr that my bf gave me for my birthday two years ago, but the ring is blue and my dress is red so it didn''t match. I have this beautiful diamond ring that was passed down to me by my paternal grandmother. I don''t know the dimentions, but it looks like a daisy -- one bigger stone in the middle and smaller stones surronding it that are lower set. Very pretty and shiney. It happens to also fit on my right hand ring finger. So, I put it on and asked my bf what he thought. He said, ''you can''t wear that... it looks like an engagement ring.'' I told him that it was -- it was my grandmother''s engagement ring. I told him that I would be wearing it on my right hand so no one would think it was an engagement ring and he said no one would notice which hand it was on... HA! I said that everyone would notice that it was on my right hand. He then asked to look at it and he said it was very pretty and then said, ''will you marry me''... HE WAS JOKING! He said it very off-the-cuff. I just laughed and almost fainted because a. those words have never come out of his mouth and b. HE WAS JOKING. Ugh!

So, needless to say people did notice the ring and one person almost asked me if we were engaged. I put a stop to everyone''s questions by saying that I was wearing a lot of family bling that night (I was wearing a super-fancy blinged out watch that was my mom''s) and joked that if I was engaged, I would annouce it by saying, ''hi, how are you? I''m engaged.'' I also joked that G would have gotten me a bigger stone if we were really engaged. Everyone laughed.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
See, keeping a sense of humor really does help!!!! You really handled yourself well, especially after the "fake" proposal- those attemps at guy-humor usually push me right off the edge and start a huge, loud "discussion"
3.gif

was he around when you told the other guests about the bigger stone? my bf is a big eye-roller and would''ve sent his wayyyyy back in his head.....

at Easter dinner my Mom accidentally intro''d bf as my fiance- my correction was "it don''t mean a thing if I aint got the ring"...which was also made everyone crack up
3.gif

at least we look like good sports, right?

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
My bf was there when I made the bigger diamond comment. He laughed along with everyone else (although it the martini he had might have made him do it). In fact, I told him that that''s what I''d say if anyone asked me about the ring. He thought it was a horrible idea. I guess he thought I wouldn''t really say it!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Your funny... slightly evil but funny.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
This really made me smile!
21.gif

Plus, it made me less agravated with my BF after this weekend, who also thought he was being "cute!" On Sat. we went to a well known jewelry store that carries lots of big name designers (except Michael K!
39.gif
), but I only got to look at a few things -- I''m just way too picky! Worse, they only had 1 asscher in the place and it was a poor cut! I had so been hoping to see some nice ones and finally make up my mind!

Anyway, I was expressing my disappointment at dinner that night (okay, whinning about my "naked" finger
20.gif
) and my BF took his twisted up straw paper and tied it around my finger. I asked, "Was that a proposal?!" and then he just looked really scared, but clearly thought he was hilarious. GRRRRR....

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Well I''m not nearly as cool as you, I''d have been furious!
29.gif
Toying with the emotions of someone you love is not acceptable. I have been through a similar joke ( "I''m gonna propose on your birthday", which didn''t happen) and I made it very clear that he had hurt me very badly and that this is not something to joke about. He of course felt terrible and now takes our future more seriously.

I like how you made him sweat with the bigger rock comment though, revenge is sweet
9.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I could have gotten upset at him, but I was so shocked that he said it that I honestly thought it was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results