shape
carat
color
clarity

Funny things your mom or dad did

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking today about my mom, she's been gone 33 years but there are still random things I remember about her:

She was super clean and would wash the cat on a regular basis. The cat was amazingly cooperative.

She would dance while ironing to the oldies station, she was a big fan of The Rolling Stones.

She was not a pushover. One day the kids downstairs from us were mouthing off and threatened her and her response was "make my day".

She could bring plants back from the brink of death, so people were always giving her plants, our kitchen was very green.

She was a trip. I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers some fun/funny things about a parent so feel free to share yours!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My mom would sing in the morning:

Oh what a beautiful morning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got a wonderful feeling,
Everything's going my way.

Then my dad would "sing" {he was a bad singer)
Oh what a horrible morning,
Oh what a horrible day,
I've got a horrible feeling,
Everything's going her way.

He would smirk and my mom would just shake her head and smile to hide the laughing.
Sometimes as kids we would ask my mom to sing it when my Dad was around, they would look at each other smile and sing it.
I hadn't thought about that in years.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K, they sound like they had a lot of fun together which is great, thanks for sharing.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, this is so true. A song for everything...love that, we do become our parents eventually right, some of us anyways :D

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My mom is a domestic goddess, cooks, bakes, quilts, sews, knots, crochets etc. The funny thing is she cannot do these things without moving her lips to mimic what she is doing with her hands. If she is crimping a dumpling, her lips would purse and twist. If she is sewing fast with a sewing machine, her tongue would stick out and curve in the direction of the stitches. Everything she does with her hands is accompanied by a lip motion. Hence, she cannot talk and knit at the same time!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jaysonsmom, ah I get your home has had her share of teasing about that! She really is a domestic goddess...wow!

@OdetteOdile, she sounds adorable, like you could just stick her in your pocket and bring her along with you :lol:

@Karl_K, it's all good, all stories about moms or dads are welcome, yours or otherwise!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was a kid, dad would play records on the old stereo to wake us up on Saturday mornings.
The Platters, the Ink Spots, Charlie Rich, Freddy Fender, etc. Yikes!
The one that me and my sister hated the most was "I Can Help" by Billy Swan!
This song was a big hit in '74, and I think he had the 45 single.
When I hear it now, it sure makes me laugh!

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, see I think that is a great memory and now I'll have that song in my head the rest of the night!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, see I think that is a great memory and now I'll have that song in my head the rest of the night!

It's one of those ear worm songs! When we were kids, it was goofy 'Dad' music.
But now its a fun memory!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results