shape
carat
color
clarity

Funny story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
So I was talking to my bf earlier and he told me that he''d bumped into a old friend of his today. Apparently the friend has been dating her bf for awhile and is hoping he''ll pop the question soon. She was telling my bf she''s been kind of pressuring him to propose (haha, sound familiar?) and was asking him questions about me and whether I''ve been dropping hints or anything too. Bf said I was, and she asked what I was doing... he was like, um, she emails me pictures of rings. He went on to tell her that I had emailed him a picture of a (gorgeous but WAAAY out of our budget!) ring last week with, "this is pretty sparkly and nice" written underneath the picture. He cut and pasted the price and sent it back to me and wrote "um, this isn''t". Hahahaha, I''m surprised he hasn''t murdered me yet.. I think I might be the queen of subtlety.

In my defense, he did ASK me to send him pictures of rings I like so he''ll have a better idea when he actually goes to buy the ring.. I guess his friend got a pretty big kick out of the story so I thought I''d share with you ladies.
19.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Lol! That is hilarious. I do the same thing with mine, too. He opens his email every morning with at least 3-6 emails sent by me the night before, with pics of rings.

He knows that I really have my heart on the marquise shape, though, so he does appreciate receiving pics of settings that I like. (I like sleek and modern)

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
um, so do we get to see this ring???

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I IM him pics and rings and stuff when he is at work. He hates it.
I''m always like, you know how you can make this stop.
11.gif
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
That is funny... the friend knows your suffereing! You two should host a where''s my ring dinner party!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
When we were looking, I sent him like 5-10 emails a day saying why I liked this setting, what was nice about it, etc. He didn''t mind it though, because after work, we talked about the settings and what he thought about them.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 10:35:23 AM
Author: tlh
That is funny... the friend knows your suffereing! You two should host a where''s my ring dinner party!
Hahah funny story and I like tlh''s suggestion too.

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
Haha, tlh, I love your response too! What a hilarious idea. We could just surround the boys with mountains of engagement chickens and then serve ring pops for dessert! Brilliant.

The ring I sent him the other day was this one:
Too expensive

But really I''m keeping my fingers crossed for something more like this:
Pretty sparkly only sans the detailing on the underside and inside of the ring..

We talked tonight and it sounds like the timeline is looking like 2-3 months from now! Yayayay!!!!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 2:18:45 AM
Author: babygirl
Haha, tlh, I love your response too! What a hilarious idea. We could just surround the boys with mountains of engagement chickens and then serve ring pops for dessert! Brilliant.

The ring I sent him the other day was this one:

Too expensive

But really I''m keeping my fingers crossed for something more like this:

Pretty sparkly only sans the detailing on the underside and inside of the ring..

We talked tonight and it sounds like the timeline is looking like 2-3 months from now! Yayayay!!!!!

I love asschers, but I like the design of the second ring. Very interesting to look at and a lot of detail!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i like the second design best! very pretty!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing. That''s a totally cute story! 2-3 months isn''t long AT ALL!!! Yay!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results