shape
carat
color
clarity

Funny pic of Bibi

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bibi likes to cuddle against my SO's neck or sleep on his head .

The light was dim so I adjusted the camera for a long exposure, which lets in more of the soft natural light.
Though this delivered a good exposure, while the shutter was open Bibi suddenly shook his head. LOL.

Bibi.jpg

Last edited:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Bibi likes to cuddle against my SO's neck or sleep on his head .

The light was dim so I adjusted the camera for a long exposure, which lets more soft natural light in.
Though this delivered a good exposure, while the shutter was open Bibi suddenly shook his head. LOL.

Bibi.jpg
This gave

It looks like the Flintstones feet when driving off in their car!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL

Here's our little cuddle bunny chilling with our sweetie.
For warmth his right foot is pulled in under his feathers and against the skin of his breast.

78.jpg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL

Here's the cuddle bunny chilling with our sweetie.
For warmth his right foot tucked against his breast, under the feathers.

78.jpg

Awww. :love:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
LOL

Here's our little cuddle bunny chilling with our sweetie.
For warmth his right foot is pulled in under his feathers and against the skin of his breast.

78.jpg

Oh little adorable one:kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww such a sweet birdie!!!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Tornado bibi :)

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
So so sweet.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the way he's keeping an eye on you while you take the pic.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's so pretty! Does he bite? My friend's bird bites.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's so pretty! Does he bite? My friend's bird bites.
Long post alert:
Great question and an important topic with much for us 'parronts' to learn.

Nearly all parrots bite at least occasionally, even hand-raised ones that are imprinted on humans and very tame and loving.
Parrots bite each other in the wild as it's a natural part of their interaction, communication and expression.
Let's not forget that even the most-tame parrot is still a mostly wild animal ... parrots have not been selectively bred by humans for thousands of years for qualities that please humans, as are dogs.

They bite when (in their bird minds) it is appropriate - reaction to fear, defense of themselves or their mate or chicks, asking for or demanding attention, to express dissatisfaction with what you are doing, like putting them to bed when they want to stay up with you, or just to get affection or affection.

In wild flocks these parrots don't spend time alone to do their own thing; they are constantly together and doing things together.
They eat together, drink together, fly together, preen together, play and fight together.
In a human home they do not understand our need to be alone at times, even when it's necessary like when cooking or using bleach to clean the bathroom.

We can get a nip at obvious times and at times that are hard to understand.
(But we only have human understanding, not bird understanding, which we must try to learn.)
For example, Bibi has chosen my SO as his favorite human, partner, so he gets bit more than I do.
Usually it's just an affectionate nibble, a gentle bite or even slightly painful one.

Then there is territorial biting.
I never offer my hand when he's on or in his cage or if he is perched on my SO's shoulder.
I'm sure to get a nasty defensive bite, so I use a long perch to get him and to put him down.
Bibi turns into a junk yard guard dog if my SO is laying in bed and I enter the room.
In his little birdie mind one of his jobs is being bodyguard defending his favorite person.
I just accept it and adjust.

A good relationship with a companion parrot takes a great deal of understanding and adjustment by the humans - but the rewards are more than worth it.
There's an abundance written (good and bad) on how to minimize biting, but still ... some biting is something to accept and be sure you do not overreact to it!
Overreacting (from the bird's perspective) is rewarding it with the attention that you have trained it to expect when biting.

Parrots can be very headstrong and stubborn.
They want what they want and to get it they will resort to anything they think (or that you have taught them) will work.
They're smart, but we're smarter and can adjust things to keep our birdie buddies happy, but only most of the time.

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I freakin' love birds. My best memories are of all the birds I got to care for when I was a wildlife rehabber. A friend of mine just got a rescue toucanet and named her Betty Boop.

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 1.51.22 PM.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that's wonderful Bibi has chosen your SO as his favourite person

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I freakin' love birds. My best memories are of all the birds I got to care for when I was a wildlife rehabber. A friend of mine just got a rescue toucanet and named her Betty Boop.

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 1.51.22 PM.png

Awesomely beautiful bird!
I know nothing about toucanets, but I suspect that big beak is very sharp.

There are so many species of birds and all with their own behaviors, psychology, IQs, and personalities.

What she tame?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I love when you post about Bibi. Such a cutie!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've posted this before.
Here it is again just in case someone reading this thread is considering getting a parrot but has not watched it.
I post it to prevent parrot impulse buying, which usually ends up poorly for the bird and the humans who did not do their homework.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ill just stick with admiring the garden birds
bird bedtime is my favourite time of the day but we have very noisy neighbours so they usually drown out the bird song

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What she tame?

Yes, although she's been with T only for a week and is still adjusting to her new digs. T says she's feisty and opinionated.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long post alert:
Great question and an important topic with much for us 'parronts' to learn.

Nearly all parrots bite at least occasionally, even hand-raised ones that are imprinted on humans and very tame and loving.
Parrots bite each other in the wild as it's a natural part of their interaction, communication and expression.
Let's not forget that even the most-tame parrot is still a mostly wild animal ... parrots have not been selectively bred by humans for thousands of years for qualities that please humans, as are dogs.

They bite when (in their bird minds) it is appropriate - reaction to fear, defense of themselves or their mate or chicks, asking for or demanding attention, to express dissatisfaction with what you are doing, like putting them to bed when they want to stay up with you, or just to get affection or affection.

In wild flocks these parrots don't spend time alone to do their own thing; they are constantly together and doing things together.
They eat together, drink together, fly together, preen together, play and fight together.
In a human home they do not understand our need to be alone at times, even when it's necessary like when cooking or using bleach to clean the bathroom.

We can get a nip at obvious times and at times that are hard to understand.
(But we only have human understanding, not bird understanding, which we must try to learn.)
For example, Bibi has chosen my SO as his favorite human, partner, so he gets bit more than I do.
Usually it's just an affectionate nibble, a gentle bite or even slightly painful one.

Then there is territorial biting.
I never offer my hand when he's on or in his cage or if he is perched on my SO's shoulder.
I'm sure to get a nasty defensive bite, so I use a long perch to get him and to put him down.
Bibi turns into a junk yard guard dog if my SO is laying in bed and I enter the room.
In his little birdie mind one of his jobs is being bodyguard defending his favorite person.
I just accept it and adjust.

A good relationship with a companion parrot takes a great deal of understanding and adjustment by the humans - but the rewards are more than worth it.
There's an abundance written (good and bad) on how to minimize biting, but still ... some biting is something to accept and be sure you do not overreact to it!
Overreacting (from the bird's perspective) is rewarding it with the attention that you have trained it to expect when biting.

Parrots can be very headstrong and stubborn.
They want what they want and to get it they will resort to anything they think (or that you have taught them) will work.
They're smart, but we're smarter and can adjust things to keep our birdie buddies happy, but only most of the time.

I've wanted a bird for a while, but I worry with 5 cats prowling around the house if the bird would feel safe. Probably not.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've wanted a bird for a while, but I worry with 5 cats prowling around the house if the bird would feel safe. Probably not.

Cat food from the store is cheaper, and much less messy. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results