shape
carat
color
clarity

Funny little private jet pricing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
For all the big wigs out there who absolutely hate sharing a plane, here is the pricing for a competitive private jet company. I get these on occassion, and before I delete them, I just sort of giggle.
23.gif
22.gif

Figured you guys would either go off or giggle as well. Remember everything has it''s market, but whoa is that out of my market. Consider prices are per person, so if you take you DH or DW, we double that number... Plus, also consider that these are empty legs (meaning they are running an empty flight) so the pricing is actually REDUCED and competitive... yeah, these are the SALE prices.
36.gif
31.gif

International Empty Legs
AIRCRAFT ORIGIN DESTINATION DATE PRICE

Hawker 800 FT LAUDERDALE, FL (FLL) SINT MAARTEN (TNCM) 03/05/2007
until 03/06/2007 $10,200.00

Learjet 55 TURKS & CAICOS (MBPV) WHITE PLANS, NY (HPN) 03/07/2007
until 03/09/2007 $22,000.00

Domestic Empty Legs
AIRCRAFT ORIGIN DESTINATION DATE PRICE

Gulfstream GIII PALM BEACH , FL (PBI) BOSTON, MA (BOS) 03/05/2007
until 03/09/2007 $17,100

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Holy guacamole, I could by quite a diamond for the prices of one those flights!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes; must be nice having that kind of money where you JUST don''t feel like traveling with others. Well, now to think of it; it is kind of gross thinking what a waste. That money could go to help the homeless.
15.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did some research... those prices have to be for as many people as the plane can hold.
Usualy 6 or 8 because normal full plane prices are just slighly higher than that.
With 8 people its just slightly more than first class on the air lines per person.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The guys at work and the owner of our biggest client do this all the time...going to Florida? FLy commercial? Please. Geez, talk about a waste of $ and resources...

Good to see you Nicrez...don''t think I''ve seen you in a while but I''m not here much these days...

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Can''t you just see one of the celebrities buying a seat just so their little dog could run around the plane during the flight? Not the REALLY rich celebs who have their OWN planes, just the lesser celebs, LOL! I don''t know why, but that was just the first thought I had! Reality is that probably some very lucrative and private business deals go on in those planes. Not in my league, AT ALL!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
By the way, a lot of celebs are doing the jet shares now, it is just more economical for them, rather than owning a jet. Who knew they were so practical...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Actually Strmrdr, those prices were quoted to me by this specific company as PER PERSON. Not so smart if you ask me.
38.gif

I did know someone who had his own jet. (must be nice!) and according to him the expense is overwhelming. Lucky they had a hangar built, so they didnt have to deal with pesky storage fees! But WAA they had to keep it at a local airport (small airport) because the town didn''t give them a license to build the hangar on the estate.

Truly, the usefulness of these things are not so much every day use, but those emergency things I think. I know of a few business men who need to be somewhere yesterday and when the flights get cancelled or something, they actually consider these options. Also, some people might have very active chihuahuas who need the plane for exercise!
31.gif

MoreMoreMore! How goes the cushions? By the way YOU are the reason I am obsessed with cushions. Fault is all yours. Like the first step of an addict, YOU pushed me to lunacy! I ADORE THEM...*sigh*
30.gif
So, how the heck are you?!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Funny, we had a big scandal in a neighboring county. One of the supervisors/council members was being charged with having sex with a minor. The other rocket science council member thought it was so important to get "home" quickly from a trip he decided to use a private service to the tune of around 18k. Duh - and the taxpayers are going to be REAL happy about that! He, too, had to resign & pony up the 18k personally.

Hubby''s company uses private plane service (not jet but decent plane) owned by a partner. It''s around $900/hour of flight for as many passengers - holds 8 people. If you have to be two places the same day with little time to plan on commercial, it can be a cost savings - especially considering billing time.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
My BFF from college is a flight attendant for a private jet company (she flies on the Gulfstreams). Their pricing is by the hour ($5500/hr) and she will do whatever the client requests to make the flight more enjoyable (within reason of course). McDonalds? Sure.... Fresh orchids? No prob... Chilled Vodka? you got it. Duck L''orange? But of course.

She''s out of L.A. and most of her clients are bigwigs. Very few celebrities, but a few athletes and their realtors flying them around to see properties.

She''s been around the world and back again, and really likes the job, it has been a positive experience for her. But I''m amazed that people will hire these jets, take them someplace and then park them (at $5500 an hour mind you) for days or weeks on end in case they want to leave quick.

but given that a Gulfstream V starts at around 30million USD, I guess it''s a bargain!

Me? I fly coach on Alaska Air. LOL!

Jeannine

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Doh! LOL...My bad! :) They are pretty fab, aren''t they! I''ll have to fly over on my private jet and bring you one LOL!!!

Are you still working in nyc in the diamond bus??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results