shape
carat
color
clarity

fun with rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
While we are waiting, lets see what rings we like! Post your dream no-budget ring, what you think you will get, or whatever! I know I keep a running list of favorites, I am curious to see everyone else''s. Do your BFs know all the details yet? I will post my ideas later when I get home....show me some pics!!!!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
this is what i''m anticipating!

haloringemerald.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I am head over heels in love with Mark Morrell's Sunburst, and FF knows it.
30.gif

ETA: I also really want some blue fluor in my stone.

sunburstmontage.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Mimzy I love your new avatar, you guys are so cute!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2007 3:10:26 PM
Author: Miscka
Mimzy I love your new avatar, you guys are so cute!

hehe thanks!

what does your list of ideal rings look like??!!

cherry_vanilla

Rough_Rock
We went ring browsing a few weekends ago, and what struck me as odd is all the rings I had my heart set on from looking at internet pictures.... looked really dumb on my fingers! Surprisingly enough, when in person I gravitated towards the antique/slight filigree looking rings when everything in my Rings folder is modern looking, and now can''t even remember what I saw in them! But alas since it was NYC Diamond District I can''t find any pictures of the stuff I liked now.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I have 12 different rings saved in a folder in iPhoto, and, depending on my moods, I go with one over the other...some are practical(ish) and some are not at all. I''ll see if I can snip the list so it''s not *quite* as long...
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Here, this is my current favourite. I don''t have any idea where I found the picture of this setting, but it''s got what are apparently called calla lily sidestones and I think it is just so pretty! No idea how much it costs, so I don''t know if it''s even realistic or not, but I think it''s pretty and elegant and unique but still classic.

callalilysidestones.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dream ring always has and still is tiffany lucida and I cannot wait until I get mine!

ambersdreamdingle.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2007 6:34:33 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Here, this is my current favourite. I don''t have any idea where I found the picture of this setting, but it''s got what are apparently called calla lily sidestones and I think it is just so pretty! No idea how much it costs, so I don''t know if it''s even realistic or not, but I think it''s pretty and elegant and unique but still classic.

That''s a beatiful ring gwen! I love it

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2007 6:37:03 PM
Author: bee*
My dream ring always has and still is tiffany lucida and I cannot wait until I get mine!
Yeah, that's one of the ones on my list too.
41.gif

Edit: Oh, and I found out where that ring is! Someplace called "JR Dunn Jewelers," in South Florida somewhere, apparently....although they have a typo and spell it "CALA" one of the times here...which always weirds me out a bit.

Edit 2: Thanks, bee*!! I think it's very purty too.
9.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I am not going to post the pic of the one I know I''m getting. Only because it is so unique and I would rather post my pics of it so I can hear all the honest opinions then. It''s more exciting that way. But here are a few that I loved before I found the one!

wheelring.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure how to post multiple pics.... but here is another one. This was actually the ring that lost out to the one I am getting. (with a diamond center stone though)

saphring.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
This is the Mark Morrell that makes my heart go pitter-pat.

markmorrell3prongwrap.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
WOW gwendolyn! Gorgeous!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Yeah. That''s one that''s sadly not in the realistic budget.... I am not even sure how a ring like that would look on the finger, but it looks utterly breathtaking by itself, doesn''t it? It literally made my heart skip a beat when I first saw it (here on PS, actually).

While we''re talking of out-of-the-pricerange, here''s the simply elegant Cartier that I like (by the way, I''m a completely label whore and would looooooooooooooooooooooove to own a Tiffany or a Cartier or something...*sighs dreamily* :)

cartierroundsimple.png

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And....my first love:

tiffcoroundfront.jpg

cl2ysta1

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/22/2007 6:34:33 PM
Author: gwendolyn
I saw an ad for that in BRIDES (magazine) it is a calla lilly butterfly diamond. It is some kind of special cut

cl2ysta1

Rough_Rock
This is what I am expecting. with a 1.14 carat princess cut diamond. Ideal cut, ex and ex on polish and symmetry, vs 1 and g in color.The whole set will be 2.5 carats. we got it through james allen. I''ve heard its gorgeous, and cant wait. I know its not anything custom or special dah dah dah, but its exactly what I want. the waiting game is horrible, but I know i will be getting it before or on my birthday sept 14. so the time is ticking.

myringcrystal.jpg

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
My dream ring the Winnie/Fatguy/MMM! Not sure if I''ll be getting this one though, as I am not involved in the process (other than sending pictures and STRONGLY suggesting he go to ERD, lol)

marktWINNIE568.jpg

bastet

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody. I just found this website and this is my first post...yay! I have so many rings that I love...I have a whole folder on my desktop divided into subcategories (lame i know). Right now I''m really into round stones with baguettes. I also love oval stones as well. These are my 3 favorites at the moment.

Yay for first posts!!
1.gif

oval_pave_ring_band.jpg

bastet

Rough_Rock
I didn''t realize I could only post one image
6.gif
. This is my second fav.

Catherine Angiel Cherish.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Well currently I want a setting like Luckystar''s, I love the taper! Also I like the WF legato micropave and the swan! I like anything RB with a simple yet slightly different setting....I love the first one Gwendolyn posted!!!! Did you ever find a price, Gwen?

Now, if we are talking DREAM ring I would not turn down a big ole asscher.....in real life I would like something around a .85ct RB, I have big hands, so I would need a BIG asscher....yum
30.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Gwendolyn that first ring is STUNNING!!!

I keep changing my mind so often! I love everything that sparkles - poor BF calls me his magpie! My current favourite is Mark Morrell''s Flame with diamonds in the head. I can''t decide though if I''d prefer a daintier band (like the petite Sunburst). I''m thinking it wouldn''t matter though as the band looks like it''s a knife-edge so I''m sure it''s very dainty looking.

I figure I''ll never get tired of an elegant solitaire and then I can adorn my right hand with all kinds of gorgeousness! Now there''s a whole other thread...
9.gif

Flame_dream_ring.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my dream and hopefully future ring. Though not Tiffany''s...

knprecs050001m.jpg

sred2

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I have gone ring shopping a TON... and I think at least once a day I email him a new ring that I like that I''ve found on here or online... so here are a few of my favs
2.gif
3.gif

I LOVE oval diamonds, and I love the split shank on this ring
18.gif

splint20crown.jpg

sred2

Rough_Rock
I also love this ring from T&Co... though at this point I would probably get it custom made somewhere else... T&Co is just too expensive for me, and I''m not too fond of knife edge rings... in any case, its still gorgeous!

engagement_fancy_pearsides1.jpg

sred2

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure yet if I''m committed to finding the perfect pear yet... but I have some time to figure it out for sure
20.gif

397667-KatherineHeigl2.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Ok well now I am SERIOUSLY drooling over Mikebzt''s WF champagne setting....it is gorgeous!! Do you think that a slightly smaller stone would still look ok?? I would love to post pics but I cant at work
7.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey Gwendolyn! I may not be a label whore (ok, maybe a little) but I''m definitely a design whore, so from one, uh, whore to another, have you checked out signedpieces.com yet? I''m in love with them. They sell designed and signed pieces second hand. I''ve bought two Tiffany pieces from them, and my FI bought my Bulgari engagement ring from them.

Check. It. Out.

Oh yeah, and did I mention the absolutely STELLAR customer service?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results