shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun family ring pics, plus heated Crest ultrasonic before/afters!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
So when I was at my parents'' house for Thanksgiving, I had a fantastic time photographing some of the family bling! First up is my mom''s marquise with princess pave. She gardens with the sucker on! Can you tell?
3.gif
This is not supposed to be a brown diamond!!

Enter the Crest heated US!
36.gif
I bought it for my mom (on ebay) for her b-day this summer, and she hadn''t even taken it out of the box yet!
6.gif
Her setting is made so that it''s darn near impossible to clean the pavilion of the diamond (and believe me I have tried!!). The US was the only way to do it. Popped that baby in the US for about 45 minutes to get all the crud off, and viola! More beautiful than I (and she) could have imagined! Behold, my first flower shot!
9.gif

AG_0778--111.JPG

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
And another collage! So pretty!

AG_0805--3.JPG

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Mom''s ring piggybacking my ring! Look at that sky in the marquise!
30.gif

IMG_0826--6.jpg

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
LOL-what a difference! It''s funny, I''m always chasing my mom down to clean her rings. She''s into art, and I''ll never forget once in my pre-UltraS days I had to dig paint (!!!) out of her sidestones. Beautiful rings the two of you have!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond addiction runs in the fam... here''s my Dad''s bling!
2.gif
With US before/after. This ring had never been cleaned in like 20 something years! I couldn''t quite catch the sparkliness of this one... but it''s a beauty!

AG_0781--81.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pics lizzy!! I am a huge fan of the Crest US. I''ve had mine for almost a year now, and use it every day!!! What a nice gift to give your mom. That before and after shot is amazing!!!!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kitty and Kaleigh!
1.gif
Now I''m a super believer in the heated US! Too bad I''m only going to get to use it when I visit my parents
!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
And finally my mom''s five stone that I La-la-LOVE!
30.gif
I''ve always loved this ring... Before PS I never understood before how diamonds that weren''t perfect (they''re not eyeclean), could be so beautiful! Now I know it''s because they must have great cuts. They sparkle like the dickens and they''re icy white. Yum! I''d love to have them re-set into a nicer setting.

AG_0831-12.JPG

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for sharing LizzieC
1.gif
! What fab rings you have in your family!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I am drooling over that five stone ring...YUM!!!
30.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Haha... i love how your dad has a big diamond too!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
What beautiful diamond rings your family has!! And what a difference a great cleaning makes! That 5 stone is goooorgeous by the way!
18.gif

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments bling*diva, forte, and jfo!
1.gif
Re: the five-stone, would you believe my mom never wears it! She''s a yellow gold gal. I''m like, helloooo, white-gold/plat diamond loving girl right here! I wear it whenever I''m at home. She''s got some other interesting pieces that I didn''t get a chance to US and photograph. Next time!

My DH got really into the ultrasonic and wanted to be all super scientific about it. He didn''t let me pre-soak or pre-scrub the rings because that would interfere with the results.
3.gif
My parents were really surprised and impressed by the results. Hopefully that means they''ll use it once in awhile and not only when I''m home!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Great pics Lizzie! Thanks for posting them. Do you happen to know what size the stones are in the 5 stone band? It''s beautiful! I can''t believe your mom doesn''t wear it!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings in your family Lizzie! Those before and after pictures are just amazing especially your mom''s marquis. I certainly hope that you have inspired her to keep using that ultrasonic.

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Hello Lizziec, I just love your family rings. I love yours, love the style. Your mom and dad''s are great. Wow, how clean they came out. What is a usCrest?? Where do you get them?? Are they really safe for your diamonds and what other stones can you put in it?? Again lovely family rings!!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures, what fun Lizzie! Whenever my mom, sister and I get together I break out the old toothbrush and scrub away. Neither of them ever cleans their rings. One day I''ll break down and buy a US.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those of you who have one of these, did anyone try the SIUS first? Does this work better??

I tried to post my experience in that neverending thread, but there is no reply button.
33.gif

I bought the SIUS, I nuke the water and use Dawn, and sometimes hand scrub it with sparkle Sparkle first. I have a WG setting, so there's a lot I can't use. I don't get, it doesn't get it close to the jewelers cleaning.

For the record, I don't wash my hands with it on, nor shower, nor cook, nor clean, nor sleep, etc. HOW can I not get it clean, it CAN'T be that dirty to begin with.

Anybody?

BTW, the rings look fab, and is why I'm asking, wondering if I need to get this one.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 10:43:16 AM
Author: Ellen
For those of you who have one of these, did anyone try the SIUS first? Does this work better??

I tried to post my experience in that neverending thread, but there is no reply button.
33.gif

I bought the SIUS, I nuke the water and use Dawn, and sometimes hand scrub it with sparkle Sparkle first. I have a WG setting, so there''s a lot I can''t use. I don''t get, it doesn''t get it close to the jewelers cleaning.

For the record, I don''t wash my hands with it on, nor shower, nor cook, nor clean, nor sleep, etc. HOW can I not get it clean, it CAN''T be that dirty to begin with.

Anybody?

BTW, the rings look fab, and is why I''m asking, wondering if I need to get this one.
I think for everyday cleaning, the Crest might be overkill. I cleaned my rings in it and didn''t really notice a difference between the Crest and my usual regimen, but I use my US (not SI, but similar) and Jewel Jet about every other day, so my rings are pretty clean to begin with. I think that the Crest is good for tough jobs (like my mom''s mud marquise!). That''s just my opinion though. If I had the Crest at my house, I''m sure I''d use it all the time!
2.gif
Kaleigh and others also have Crests, and I think they use them on a regular basis.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 10:40:39 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Beautiful pictures, what fun Lizzie! Whenever my mom, sister and I get together I break out the old toothbrush and scrub away. Neither of them ever cleans their rings. One day I''ll break down and buy a US.
Thanks Kimberly! What''s with these relatives and their dirty rings? You must get a US... I''ve made believers out of quite a few people just by popping their rings in the US for a couple of minutes!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 10:15:54 AM
Author: mara54
Hello Lizziec, I just love your family rings. I love yours, love the style. Your mom and dad''s are great. Wow, how clean they came out. What is a usCrest?? Where do you get them?? Are they really safe for your diamonds and what other stones can you put in it?? Again lovely family rings!!
35.gif
Thanks mara! The Crest is a type of heated ultrasonic cleaner. I got my mom the smallest version available (on ebay). They''re very industrial, but safe for diamonds and I would guess they''re safe for sapphires and rubies (hard gems).

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 10:15:23 AM
Author: Sundial
Gorgeous rings in your family Lizzie! Those before and after pictures are just amazing especially your mom''s marquis. I certainly hope that you have inspired her to keep using that ultrasonic.
Thanks Sundial! I think I did inspire my mom. The funny thing is she''s such a neat freak about the rest of her stuff. I knew I would get her by showing her all the dirt in the bottom of the US. She was like "eww, gross!" Gross is right!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 10:12:50 AM
Author: Miranda
Great pics Lizzie! Thanks for posting them. Do you happen to know what size the stones are in the 5 stone band? It''s beautiful! I can''t believe your mom doesn''t wear it!
Thanks Miranda! Unfortunately I don''t know the size (or any specs) of the diamonds in the 5 stone... maybe I''ll measure them next time I''m home.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 11:16:32 AM
Author: LizzieC
I think for everyday cleaning, the Crest might be overkill. I cleaned my rings in it and didn''t really notice a difference between the Crest and my usual regimen, but I use my US (not SI, but similar) and Jewel Jet about every other day, so my rings are pretty clean to begin with. I think that the Crest is good for tough jobs (like my mom''s mud marquise!). That''s just my opinion though. If I had the Crest at my house, I''m sure I''d use it all the time!
2.gif
Kaleigh and others also have Crests, and I think they use them on a regular basis.
Oh, I wasn''t planning on using it every day, maybe once or twice a week. I just want something that get''s my ring at least CLOSE to what the jeweler does...Thanks.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, I''m sold! I''m getting one of these ultrasonics for xmas even if I have to buy it myself LOL!!! Lizzie, your mom''s five stone is gorgeous and a lot like the wedding band I''m having WF make. I just love looking at your pictures of it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results