shape
carat
color
clarity

Full-Size High Chair or Booster Seat

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, my daughter is 4.5 months old and just started eating rice cereal. We are currently feeding her in her bouncy seat. Do you all think a booster that you place on top of a dining chair is better or should we get a full-sized stand alone high chair? Any pros and cons or recommendations? I think the boosters don't recline, but i'm not sure that we need that. Here is the booster I am looking at - it gets great reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Deluxe-Booster-White/dp/B001GQ2RWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363641056&sr=8-1&keywords=high+chair

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
We used a high chair and liked it (although, they do take up a fair amount of space).

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
JGator, that's the same booster/high chair that we have for Ethan. I have no complaints about it. Well, I take that back, I purchased one of those suction cup bowl things (by Vital Baby) and it doesn't stick on the tray. But then I realized that the bowl doesn't really stick on anything. So I'm just feeding him straight from the tray.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
We went booster seat instead of high chair to save space. We bought the Fisher Price Space Saver High Chair (it's really a booster seat) and so far we love it. No issues so far and we use it daily. I also think boosters are less expensive. It converts from an infant seat to just a booster seat so it adjusts as baby grows.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
We went with a booster. It was a great space saver and we used it at our island counter and for the dining room table.
It was fairly transportable as well. (Also I believe it was a less expensive option than the full blown highchairs we considered.) I also liked that our daughter was not set apart on a HC at meal time.
We ultimately transitioned to a Stokke Tripp Trapp and my soon to be 7 yo still uses that at the table. (although she is fine on our chairs at this point.)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
We have a booster (bebepod with tray) and a full-size chair (Keekaroo), but my favorite by far is this:

http://www.amazon.com/Inglesina-2013-Table-Chair-Ibisco/dp/B006JV4HFS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363715349&sr=8-1&keywords=inglesia

I think Phil & Teds makes something similar, but I've loved this seat for many reasons:

1. I could put K in it from a very early age. It's supportive and soft, so she really liked sitting in it.
2. I could put K at the table with us, which I like
3. It's easy to clean. It says the cover is hand-washable, but I threw it in the washing machine many times and it worked like a charm
4. It's great for travelling. We took it on trips with us, but also took it to restaurants and family events. It just folds flat.
5. It takes up no footprint at all

K is now in the Keekaroo, but we keep this at my in-laws and K still loves it. The weight limit is 37 lbs., so I plan on still using it it for awhile.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! Looks like a booster or table-mounted seat is the way to go over the full-sized high chair for numerous reasons including being able to take it to a restaurant or someone else's house.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results