shape
carat
color
clarity

Front load washer/dryer worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
I have a set of Kenmore front loaders we bought at the sears Ding and dent 3 years ago for about $500 each. We absolutely love them and have never had a mold or mildew or smell issue. perhaps it is some of the other models.
Be aware that all Kenmores are made by Whirlpool and the other big companies for sears. They are simply rebranded. Our washer and our refridgerator are both Kenmore but are made by Whirlpool.

Also, if you are comparing pricing, note that for the big home stores like Lowes and Home Depot many of the fridges, washers and dryers are built SPECIFICALLY for these stores with sub-par parts to keep the prices lower than the other suppliers. This is the absolute truth and the reason I will never buy an appliance from Home Depot or lowes. They may say Whirlpool, but they are not up to the Standard.

elle

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE mine - the LG Tromm series BUT they do need more care than a top loader. Dependant on how often you wash - I do dialy loads so monthly I run a hot cycle with bleach to prevent mildew, clean up under the lip of the rubber seal for the washer. About every couple of months I check the lint catcher at the base of it. Always use HE detergent and watch the amount - too much would cos the washer to leak. The dryer has fewer maintanence issues.

Another thing they have told me is that front loaders are not advisable for homes with utility rooms on the upper floors due ot vibration issues - it''s in the manual but the sales people are suppsed to tell you that.

They wash like a dream - I don''t even handwash anymore cos it does such a good job of it!

I guess it''s like everything else - the more complicated the gadget is - the more care you have to take of it! Hth :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Weeelllll, I am just a little surprised at how "noisy" the washer is--the rinse cycle.....hhhmmmmmm. Anyway, I''ll be getting a rubber mat to put under my new machine as soon as I can get to Revy........but your are right Elle, the energy ratings are discussed by sales people, but not necessarily the noise....but my sister did give me a heads up and I had read blogs on the same....

cheers--Sharon

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My mother has a front load washer and I think it''s great. Less detergent, less water, less energy and less damage to the clothes. Less work too because it has a "hand wash" cycle...
1.gif
So yes, I consider that they''re worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results