shape
carat
color
clarity

From TX to NY ( or maybe NJ, CT )

P

Petalouda

How exciting, congratulations!! Good luck with the move, I hope it all goes smoothly.

Did you check out a few different areas before deciding? We are strongly considering leaving Miami for somewhere like Scarsdale for lots of reasons.

We did…sort of. We considered Jersey before realizing the commute for my husband would be much more difficult. We didn’t get much time to check out CT. We settled on a town next door to Scarsdale. I really liked Chappaqua and Armonk but it felt a bit more isolating to me and Armonk doesn’t have a train station. Rye was beautiful but homes within our budget were pretty small. The river towns were lovely too. But the Scarsdale area felt most like “home”. There’s plenty of shopping options and stores within Scarsdale and you’re also close to White Plains and New Rochelle which have many store options. I was there last week to close on our house and I really liked lower Westchester. Scarsdale is soooooooo beautiful and the express train to the city is just 30 minutes and they have many trains during the day. You can’t really go wrong. The property taxes are a bit hard to swallow but schools (if you have kids) are well funded and some of the top in the nation.

ETA: please keep me updated! Would be so neat to be neighbors with another Pricescoper. Let me know if you have anymore questions! I’ll be settled in by the end of July and I’ll have a better feel by then.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results