shape
carat
color
clarity

From Bags to Riches

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I got a brochure in the mail from this company. They rent all these fancy designer bags, including the Balenciaga bags. Not sure why I got on their mailing list, but it was quite a fascinating thing. They have a web site too.

I guess you can rent those b-bags for like $80 a month. Never know, some of the very purse obsessed who want new ones all the time might get savings out of it. Remarkable concept, I thought.

I know they do this in Japan. Actually they have really nice rentals and also very good consignment stores that are almost like rental since the girls bring the bags back and forth.

www.frombagstoriches.com

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is the same idea as bag, borrow or steal. www.bagborroworsteal.com

they were showcased a few years ago as the new big hot thing...i think their b-bags are $100 a month. 10 months and you'd own one if you bought it outright! i don't switch my purses that much so it would never make sense for me to do something like that but it's a cute idea and i love surfing their site to see what they have for 'borrowing' or 'stealing'.

ETA omg their b-bags are like $175 a month!! so you'd have a new one in about 6 months.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
OMG - I didn''t realize those prices were PER WEEK. I thought it was per month. Are they out of their minds? Who needs a purse for one week?

Obviously I am way out of my element here.

Would be interesting if you could "lease" a diamond ring. OK, not very senitimental type of thing, but it would be fun to lease a real big one for a while and "try it out". Of course you''d never want to give it back......

midorikiss

Rough_Rock
I recently became a fan of Bag Borrow or Steal. I am a fan of Coach bags and they are not that pricey on their website. The one I have currently is only $15 a month. The funny thing is I feel like it''s my own cause I''ve had it since SeptembIer. I love Coach bags but only want them for a few months so this is a great way for me to switch out bags often. I''m on the waiting list for one more and I''ll return this one when I get it. One of the bags I got looked like it had been around the block for too long. I immediatley sent it back and they refunded me after I spoke with them. I understand that the bags are used but I do expect the bag to still be in good condition. Usually the ones I get look brand new. All in all I think, the concept is cool.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh my word! Who knew?!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 1:02:15 AM
Author: Beacon
Who needs a purse for one week?

I guess for an event or something? There are probably a lot of people who have one-time uses for a really fantastic bag (just like wedding dresses!) that they could never afford to permanently add to their collection. I might pay $175 to rent an over-the-moon bag to take to a movie premiere, rather than pay $1000+ if it weren''t a bag I''d ever carry again (or if I could swing the $175 but not the thousand).

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
If I rented a designer bag I probably wouldn''t want to return it at all!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results