shape
carat
color
clarity

Friendly Wager?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishEyes08

Rough_Rock
So, I have made a bet with myself (yes, myself - I''m weird like that!) that I think BF will propose by Easter, which is less than a month away, yikes!

Anyone else care to weigh in on when they think they''ll get engaged? Within a month, two, three, etc? It might be fun to see who is right and who was a bit off on the timeline!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
By June 9th, the LATEST! Yippie!

ringless

Shiny_Rock
I am hoping it will be sometime before May!
2.gif

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 9:53:09 AM
Author:IrishEyes08
So, I have made a bet with myself (yes, myself - I''m weird like that!) that I think BF will propose by Easter, which is less than a month away, yikes!

Anyone else care to weigh in on when they think they''ll get engaged? Within a month, two, three, etc? It might be fun to see who is right and who was a bit off on the timeline!
I actually think my bf is proposing by Easter too! AHH!!
36.gif

We are closing on our house this Friday. So I think if he doesnt do it on the closing date (or that weekend), then he will do it sometime before Easter (IM HOPING!). I subtly hinted how nice it would be to announce to my family while everyone is together for Easter
27.gif

DUST TO YOU!

adak

Rough_Rock
I''ll say Easter for me too! My boyfriend and I had our first date two years ago on the day before Easter. Looks like there will be quite a few proposals around here soon!
9.gif

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Hopefully sometime within the next 5 years.
25.gif
Well, it took him 5 years to buy the diamond, and we all have bets going it will probably take him another 5 years to set it and propose.
11.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky girls!!! I''m looking forward to hearing all your stories! (As for me, well, can I bet two years?
20.gif
)

summertime

Shiny_Rock
We get to start seriously shopping in June, so I''m guessing not later than the end of September...hopefully!
1.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I''m betting it will be sometime before Thanksgiving for me!
1.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Recently, I''ve started thinking that maybe it will be before the end of this semester, which would be around May 15th... so in less than 2 months!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
All of these upcoming proposals are so exciting! I can''t wait to see your posts :)

Mine''s not going to be anytime soon...I''ll be thrilled if it''s this year, but it''s more likely to be next year.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking Easter also. My BF and I will head back East (home) to visit family around that time, so if I were him and smart about it, I''d think that''s a good time. (We don''t see our families often). Plus I told him I don''t like public proposals including one in front of my family, so if he remembers that, he''d do it before. Otherwise, I guess by May.

He keeps telling me to trust him. We''ll see.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
As I tell my BF, the only thing I''d bet on is our love... So I''m not betting I''ll get engaged before any certain time...

Side Note: I''m HOPING it''ll be for Easter, as it''s my favorite holiday... but I doubt that will happen, as he has been working so very hard at paying off his debt, and needs to concentrate on that before he can even think about buying a ring
7.gif

msprincess

Rough_Rock
im betting on sometime in the next 3-4 months...(although im secretly hoping that it will be this weekend for our anniversary)

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Ah jeez, these posts are killing me, I feel like every time I make an assumption, I jinx myself!

I was truly, honestly expecting this month (March.) It''s not happening.

BUT, I would like to make a friendly wager that it will be before May 10th. I will bet, oh, a hundred bucks :)

Girls I am so excited!!! I mean, what do you think, if he is still in agreement with a June 2010 wedding, could he give me less than a year to plan? Even last night we talked about next June. GAH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results