shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB French cut eternity band in size 5 or 5.25

reirei

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers - I need your help!

My wedding anniversary is coming up and I've been searching for a long time with no luck.

I've been looking for a french cut eternity band that's a size 5 or 5 1/4th to add as a stack. I haven't found one I love that is a reasonable price or in my size (I think 3k is a bit too much for me). Can someone help me out or know of any tips to search for second hand shops besides ebay?

It doesn't have to be an antique and I don't care if it's pre loved or not!

My photo attached is one I found on ebay that looked amazing but was sadly not in my size: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-1-50ct-French-Cut-Diamond-Full-Eternity-18ct-White-Gold-Stack-Ring/173788880816?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Thanks so much for your help in advance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: AV_

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would reach out to Diana of SinCityFinds. She gets bands like this in very often or she can also have one made for you.

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would reach out to Diana of SinCityFinds. She gets bands like this in very often or she can also have one made for you.

Great suggestion! She also is super reasonable with pricing!!

reirei

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for your help and suggestion. I will do that!

reirei

Shiny_Rock
Great suggestion! She also is super reasonable with pricing!!

I just wrote to her! Fingers crossed!

She has a sold ring that I think is absolutely stunning and the perfect look and size to add to my stack.
(I currently have a plain platinum 2mm and a channel set sapphire band at 3mm and they are both very low to the finger)

IGP9705_2000x.jpg IGP9696_2000x.jpg IGP9684_2000x.jpg

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just wrote to her! Fingers crossed!

She has a sold ring that I think is absolutely stunning and the perfect look and size to add to my stack.
(I currently have a plain platinum 2mm and a channel set sapphire band at 3mm and they are both very low to the finger)

IGP9705_2000x.jpg IGP9696_2000x.jpg IGP9684_2000x.jpg
:kiss2: Oh goodness I love that. I have ordered 2 custom things from her and am so satisfied. Hopefully something works out for you!

reirei

Shiny_Rock
:kiss2: Oh goodness I love that. I have ordered 2 custom things from her and am so satisfied. Hopefully something works out for you!

Hi prinsad! Just an FYI that after more recommendations from some great PSers, I also reached out to David Klass in LA and he gave me a great quote on a custom order for a channel set with french cut diamonds for a 2.5mm wide band.

I'll keep you updated!

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi prinsad! Just an FYI that after more recommendations from some great PSers, I also reached out to David Klass in LA and he gave me a great quote on a custom order for a channel set with french cut diamonds for a 2.5mm wide band.

I'll keep you updated!

My avatar is custom from David Klass as well. The PSers would not steer you wrong!

reirei

Shiny_Rock
My avatar is custom from David Klass as well. The PSers would not steer you wrong!

prinsad, your 3stone is to die for! I love everything about it. Amazing tastes :)

I asked David to not add milgrain on the channel but looking at your avatar with the beautiful milgrain detail - I'm having second thoughts!

What are your thoughts on milgrain with the french cuts?

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
prinsad, your 3stone is to die for! I love everything about it. Amazing tastes :)

I asked David to not add milgrain on the channel but looking at your avatar with the beautiful milgrain detail - I'm having second thoughts!

I love milgrain, but I think I love that inspiration from Sincity finds that you posted more. Especially for a stacker I would (personally) probably do without.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a French cut band from DK with milgrain. I love it! It’s really barely noticeable IRL. Good luck!

ETA The milgrain is hard to discern, the stones are firecrackers.
D8EBDEF0-942D-49CF-AB09-D6BC1ACD8905.jpeg

Last edited:

reirei

Shiny_Rock
I have a French cut band from DK with milgrain. I love it! It’s really barely noticeable IRL. Good luck!

Sandeek your band is soooo gorgeous! Would love more pictures if you have any more to share :)

I'm so excited for my own DK french cut eternity!

reirei

Shiny_Rock

I think I'm leaning more towards milgrain!

Note: pictures below are not the David Klass ring but one I tried on from lang's antiques

I tried on a band from lang's antique. This is how it would pair with my antique, family engagement ring (which I usually never wear and it's in a safe). The ring was a size 5.5 and it was just a little too big. It's about ~2.4 mm wide and 1.4 mm in profile height with G color/VS diamond quality. It's gorgeous with the milgrain and engraving:

Link for those who want it: :) https://www.langantiques.com/vintag...rnity-band-with-scroll-motif-engraving-1.html

What do you think? To milgrain or not to milgrain the channels? It's very subtle in person and adds a nice art deco touch to the ring! :)

20190307_135915.jpg

20190307_135917.jpg

20190307_135913.jpg

So excited for my David Klass french cut ring now that i tried on something similar!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@reirei So happy you were able to try one on. That’s the best way to know exactly what you want. I’ve had both, milgrain and smooth channel set rings and always love that extra customization boost milgrain gives a piece. IMO
Here’s another pic of mine as requested :P2
A65D02F5-273C-433A-A205-659E45ED83B1.jpeg

reirei

Shiny_Rock
@reirei So happy you were able to try one on. That’s the best way to know exactly what you want. I’ve had both, milgrain and smooth channel set rings and always love that extra customization boost milgrain gives a piece. IMO
Here’s another pic of mine as requested :P2
A65D02F5-273C-433A-A205-659E45ED83B1.jpeg

Oh my god. Your rings together. The french cuts. and the sapphires. Wow my mouth just dropped.

Where did you get your beautiful sapphire band?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

reirei

Shiny_Rock
@reirei thank you so much! The sapphire band is Vintage I bought off of Etsy. The seller was https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheEdenCollective and she was a pleasure!
David Klass made my target ring too..:P2

ETA See how subtle dk’s Milgrain is?

Yes the milgrain is lovely and so so subtle and your target ring is a stunner O_O I love the color of the sapphire too... This is now my new dream stack :D

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes the milgrain is lovely and so so subtle and your target ring is a stunner O_O I love the color of the sapphire too... This is now my new dream stack :D

Aww shucks...thank you! On this forum, full of beauties, that is quite the compliment! :kiss2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This is beautiful ...

... noticing that French cuts are the only cut making any interruption between stones dissaprear - into a braid of sorts XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Fun cut!

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek @prinsad @AV_

I haven't gotten it in the mail yet but David sent me a video of my new french cut band with his gorgeous personal engravings on the sides! I'm so excited!
Thanks for all your help and recommendations to help me find the perfect band.

He also posted a video on his instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/BvvDEntlv2J/

capture_eternity_01.PNG capture_eternity_02.PNG capture_eternity_03.PNG

It turned out so perfect and beautiful!!!!!! I love that you went with milgrain after all!!!

bluebonnet04

Rough_Rock
:kiss2: That eternity band is gorgeous! I just saw it on Instagram. Normally I’m not a huge fan of eternity bands but with French cuts, milgrain, and engraving, it’s amazing! Love it!

@Sandeek @prinsad @AV_

I haven't gotten it in the mail yet but David sent me a video of my new french cut band with his gorgeous personal engravings on the sides! I'm so excited!

He also posted a video on his instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/BvvDEntlv2J/

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek @prinsad @AV_

Wow! Just beautiful! I know you will love it so much! So pleased for you and very happy to enable...I mean assist. Wear it in much happiness. And do come back with hand shots please! :love:

ETA I have worn mine every single day since I got it. Off to see the video!

Reactions: AV_

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@reirei Beautiful ring! Love the milgrain and engraving. Do you mind if I ask what the price range was?

bluebonnet04

Rough_Rock
Please post hand shots when it arrives!
Also, you should post it it in the "Show us your David Klass bling!" forum. :)

reirei

Shiny_Rock
@reirei Beautiful ring! Love the milgrain and engraving. Do you mind if I ask what the price range was?

@scouty you should definitively message david klass yourself but it was very reasonable. It was much, much less than if I bought an antique from a local store and less than I found for prices for antiques online / a non custom one! His custom quote was also much lower than others for me.

Mine in particular:
"A custom made solid platinum band weighing 2 grams, set with 1.24cts of G color, VS clarity french cut diamonds. size 5"

@GlitterInMyHair the band width is 2.5 mm

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results