shape
carat
color
clarity

FrekeChild + blue bling = Fiancée

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. A couple of pics. I am going to start my first SMTR thread and post most pics over there, but I''ll post a couple of teasers for you guys!

But first, a few Vegas-y trip pictures!

A pic of our room before MY FIANCE messed it all up! (Woot!)

IMG_2754 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, a pic of the snowstorm from our room's window! (The snow flakes were staying far away from the window, so no closeups, but there is snow sticking to the rooftop of the Imperial Palace!)

(ETA: That's FI in the reflection--I'm behind the camera!)

IMG_2778 snow freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Volcano going off after the proposal. This is the first time either of us had seen it. BTW, it was freaking freezing out there.

IMG_2880 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first shot of my ring! (In front of the Bellagio fountains-he proposed during one song, and then immediately following about 5 minutes later was another song, and I captured my ring during it just for you guys!)

IMG_2837 first ring pic.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are totally out of order, but this is of decorations in Bellagio before dinner at Sensi, and before the proposal. (The reindeer are made of pecans!)

IMG_2831 freke.jpg

That''s just wrong. Snowflakes in the desert.
38.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, a couple of teasers of the ring!

Looking a bit blurry, and kind of purple-y... (I apologize in advance if this is ginormous!)

IMG_2918 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
A handshot (this and the last one were taken at night, which is why they are a bit purple.)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would pay to add the pic!

IMG_2924 freke.jpg

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
OH YAY!! CONGRATS! Your ring looks so beautiful, even all fuzzy!
9.gif
Can''t wait to see more pictures- keep ''em comin''!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, wonderful pics!! Congrats, congrats, CONGRATS! I''m so excited for you!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more! (Taken in indirect cool daylight!) And looking a bit blurry (oops!)

IMG_2940 freke.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! WOW! I love your ring-the color is perfect! And what a great room! And I thought of you when I heard about the snow storm! EEK! So exciting!

Can you tell us what kind of stone it is again? Or did I miss that somewhere...?
40.gif

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Ooh Congrats! Your ring is gorgeous! :)

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Wonderful news, congrats!

Your ring is beautiful, I wish you health and wealth in wearing it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So it's Friday, Dec 19th...and FI has decided that the day is all about me. The schedule is as follows:

Shopping @ Fashion Show Mall for shoes (that he's buying)
Dinner @ Sensi
Bellagio Fountains
Mirage Volcano

I am to dress up, and stuff. So I told him that I'd wear one outfit to shop in, and we'd have to come home to change for dinner. So I wore crocs most of the day (I know, I know, but by the 3rd day there, my feet HURT) and actually wore them to the Bellagio, and then took them off to change into boots which I bought myself on the shopping trip. Muah hahahaha!!!!! (I've been wanting those boots for about 4 months now!)

Anyway, so we go shopping, and FI is BORED. I can't find any shoes that I like. I've gotten picky apparently. Anyway, so we went to Macy's and I finally find shoes. Then we finally get to go back to the room, take a shower and change for dinner.

We hail a cab, then take off to Bellagio, and because we got a cab instead of walking, we're really really early. So I'm walking about Bellagio in my bright green Crocs, with nice clothes on, and FI is walking around in dress shoes, a blazer, pinstriped shirt, and looks pretty dang good himself. So people are looking at me funny, but I don't care. So we find the restaurant just to make sure we can get there in a timely manner. Then we went back to the garden place and I take 2 bajillion pictures. So we go eat (lobster, duck, salmon and red snapper) and he's spending money like it's water--which is TOTALLY UNUSUAL for him. So then we skip dessert and head to the Fountains.

We walk out to the second tier balcony thing by the valet parking and whatnot, and there are those nook thingies. We go walk over to one thats empty and wait for it to start. His knees are shaking. BAD. So I'm chillin', thinking that something might be up, but still not positive, and then it starts. It happens to be a Celine Dion (my mom's favorite singer) duet with some dude in French, and terribly romantic. So he's got his arm around me, and then he turns me towards him, and says something like, "How about we make this the best moment of the trip?" (This was around 8:12pm.) Then he reaches into his inside blazer pocket (where the box has been ALL FREAKING DAY) where it gets STUCK and he says something like, "Oh sh!+, it's stuck!" and then he pulls it out and says, "Lizzie-poo, will you marry me?" At which point I threw my arms around him and said "Of course!" And then I was crying.

So after wards we start to walk back to the Mirage to see the volcano show and go back to the room, and another fountain show starts up about 5 minutes into the walk. Which is where I took that picture above. Then we're walking and actually on the strip when he breaks down and starts to get a bit teary and tells me "I tried so hard to get this done before something happened to your mom. And I couldn't get it done." So then he tells me the story of the ring, about how he could have had it custom made, but it would have taken way longer than it already did, not to mention the delays and the holdups.

I heard from my best friend later (she went ring shopping with him) that she was so excited the day they went to the jewelers that the dude thought SHE was the one getting engaged, and she told him, "It's for my best friend and I'm just so happy for them!" Which I think is adorable.

The ring is not exactly what I wanted, and we're going to the jeweler sometime to see what the options are. He actually picked out a ring that he had told me he liked earlier (it's a replica of the Vatche Royal Crown) because the custom would take too long.

Anyway, so there are a lot more details, but it gets kind of boring. Oh! He hasn't mentioned it to my dad, and until tonight he didn't say anything to his sister. She and her fam came over earlier and we went through the pics I took and through the wedding pamphlets we had picked up (Mandalay Bay and Planet Hollywood). I was afraid how she'd react because she's been dating her BF for almost 4 years and she's 39, and she is beyond the LIW thing. Like I don't know if she'd say yes to her BF if he proposed anymore.

I think we're going to my dad's to talk to him about it tomorrow! Keep your fingers crossed!

So the rest of the night consisted of:
Volcano action
A spiked milkshake for me from BLTBurger
A chocolate milkshake for FI from BLTBurger
Buffalo Wings from BLTBurger
Me staring at my ring as much as possible
A couple more tears
Packing to come home today
Discussion of when to get married (Oct '09, Dec '09, Jan '10, or March '10)
And passing out

YAY!!!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!!!! I''m over the moon!!!! I can''t believe how excited he was afterwards. All he wanted to do was call me "fiancée" and make wedding plans. Tee hee hee!!! I wasn''t expecting him to be so excited!

Stone/ring specs:

1.2ct blue spinel
6.5mm
Cut by Barry Bridgestock
14kt white gold
Vatche Royal Crown replica
about 3mm shank

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats again it sounds utterly perfect and the ring is beautiful :) welcome officially to the BIW

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Yay!! Congratulations!! I love your ring!!!! Woohoo!!
36.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...this thread grew like wildfire! CONGRATULATIONS FREKE!!!!!!!!!! What an adorable story and gorgeous ring!
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy for you! Your FI souds like such a great guy. I have to admit that I laughed when I got to the part about ou ywearing bright green crocs. All I thought of was that YOU have crocs, which I never would have guessed in a million years.
9.gif

I love blue spinel and your stone is beautiful!

goodfun7580

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! What a wonderful proposal and a beautiful ring!
36.gif

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Awww, Liz, honey, you''ve got me all veklempt before I''ve even had my first cup of coffee this morning. I''m so happy you had a great trip and came home with a fiance! Yay!

And, that ring is gorgeous! It''s so cute that he couldn''t wait for the setting!

welcome to bww!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Freke! I love your ring.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
FREKE ahhhhhhh! you''re engaged!! I am so excited for you
36.gif
congratulations!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
YIPPEEEE!!!

I was half asleep when I got your text (new time zone for me and all), but I was wide awake as soon as I read it! What''s funny is that I had been thinking about sending you a text earlier that same day asking if you were engaged yet.
31.gif

Anyway, I''m SO happy for you, and I see you got your boots too! That is AWESOME!

Congrats again! You deserve all the happiness in the world.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Freke!!!!!

Congrats!

You deserve it (and gorgeous ring BTW)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats again!!! Just wanted to say you FI is so cute... it seems like he put a lot of thought into it! Oh and your ring is beautiful! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results