Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Free wedding planning consultation - when to have it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

Hello all!

Subsequently to our day at the bridal show, J and I have won a free consultation with a wedding planner!

The lady told me we could have this consultation whenever it is optimal for us – to get us started, to check on our progress or to review to whole thing once the planning is complete.

With some inspiration from the “Fire your wedding planner” ebook I have, I’ve created a planning workbook on Excel which I think covers pretty much everything I need to do and need to have, as well as guest list (I can’t believe it grew from 50 to 81 – family only!

) and budget managing. I’ve just realized that we have also have picked (not booked yet) all our vendors except for the dress shop (but I have a list of 6 favorite dresses to try on – all with colour!). So I''m in pretty good shape as far as planning goes.

Do you think we should have this consultation before we start booking or after we have? I don’t plan on hiring a wedding planner and I’d like to make the most out of this free consultation. Since we’re on a limited budget, her opinion is that we should meet in March once J comes back from Edmonton and before we start booking; she says she may have tips for us on how to save money and avoid unnecessary costs, she could also make sure we’re on the right track. I tend to agree with her, I just wanted some outside opinion!

Thanks for your thoughts!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
You seem to have it all under control. if i were you i''d go before i booked like you said in march---just see what she says--don''t let her try to talk you into using her to get better deals(unless you want a planner). my friend won one of these and they talked her into hiring them and it wound up costing her more $ because of the planner.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty cynical about stuff like this ... what you "won" was a chance for this lady to get ahold of your books & talk herself into a job. She''s trying to get *clients* ... not help out people for "free".

Dollars to donuts all she does is propose ways she *could* help you if you hired her. And then you''ll be left feeling like "what if" ... my plans aren''t good enough or smart enough or well-priced enough ... she knows more than me blah blah blah

The same way dishonest jewelers poo-poo perfectly GOREGEOUS internet stones, putting fear into the customer ... trying to profit on their insecurities.

AIIGHH. Wow I''m grouchy today!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for you opinions. I definitely am not going to hire her - we have a very limited budget and a wedding planner is part of what we decided we don''t need, along with a day-of coordinator, a videographer and limos. I just thought I''d see if she had any useful suggestions for us.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.