shape
carat
color
clarity

Free wedding planning consultation - when to have it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

Hello all!

Subsequently to our day at the bridal show, J and I have won a free consultation with a wedding planner!

5.gif
The lady told me we could have this consultation whenever it is optimal for us – to get us started, to check on our progress or to review to whole thing once the planning is complete.

With some inspiration from the “Fire your wedding planner” ebook I have, I’ve created a planning workbook on Excel which I think covers pretty much everything I need to do and need to have, as well as guest list (I can’t believe it grew from 50 to 81 – family only!

23.gif
) and budget managing. I’ve just realized that we have also have picked (not booked yet) all our vendors except for the dress shop (but I have a list of 6 favorite dresses to try on – all with colour!). So I''m in pretty good shape as far as planning goes.
10.gif

Do you think we should have this consultation before we start booking or after we have? I don’t plan on hiring a wedding planner and I’d like to make the most out of this free consultation. Since we’re on a limited budget, her opinion is that we should meet in March once J comes back from Edmonton and before we start booking; she says she may have tips for us on how to save money and avoid unnecessary costs, she could also make sure we’re on the right track. I tend to agree with her, I just wanted some outside opinion!

Thanks for your thoughts!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
You seem to have it all under control. if i were you i''d go before i booked like you said in march---just see what she says--don''t let her try to talk you into using her to get better deals(unless you want a planner). my friend won one of these and they talked her into hiring them and it wound up costing her more $ because of the planner.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty cynical about stuff like this ... what you "won" was a chance for this lady to get ahold of your books & talk herself into a job. She''s trying to get *clients* ... not help out people for "free".

Dollars to donuts all she does is propose ways she *could* help you if you hired her. And then you''ll be left feeling like "what if" ... my plans aren''t good enough or smart enough or well-priced enough ... she knows more than me blah blah blah

The same way dishonest jewelers poo-poo perfectly GOREGEOUS internet stones, putting fear into the customer ... trying to profit on their insecurities.

AIIGHH. Wow I''m grouchy today!
3.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for you opinions. I definitely am not going to hire her - we have a very limited budget and a wedding planner is part of what we decided we don''t need, along with a day-of coordinator, a videographer and limos. I just thought I''d see if she had any useful suggestions for us.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results