shape
carat
color
clarity

FREAKING OUT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
So, I have done VERY little for my wedding (mainly because I just started a new job--which eliminated my rome/greece honeymoon---and because I get too stressed)......

AND I JUST REALIZED IT IS LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY!!!!!!!

I have all these crazy feelings, and wishes that things were different (i.e. a lame example is that I hate my bouquet, which is just white roses, because ALL the flowers I liked were out of season!).....

And we are going on a really mini-moon to a local hotel and Disneyland
7.gif
and I think perhaps that is what is killing me most. I know I should be ALL excited about the actual wedding and marriage, but I am not....WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
Your post reminded me of planning my own wedding. We planned it in 2 1/2 months and due to work constraints for me and school constraints for my husband we couldn''t take the big honeymoon we wanted to take. We did the mini moon thing for a couple of nights (Asheville, NC) and (since we''d both been there several times already) there really wasn''t much to get excited about. The wedding was stressful (but was beautiful... very simple...simple ceremony, simple reception (no bar
7.gif
, etc.). There really wasn''t much to get excited about other than the fact that we were getting married (which was easy to overlook).

For me, the most exciting moment was the morning after the wedding when I woke up and realized that it was over and we were MARRIED!!!
1.gif

We did take a real "honeymoon" seven months later and it was perfect. All the stress of the wedding was way behind us as was the work and school stress that kept us from taking a longer trip in the first place. We had settled into married life and could really just enjoy ourselves (I was exhausted during our minimoon...all I wanted to do was sleep). There were several other honeymooning couples at our resort and in some ways it seemed we were having a better time than they were. The resort (who knew it was our belated honeymoon) treated us the same as the newly married couples... free champagne and that sort of thing so we really didn''t miss out on any of it. So really we got 2 honeymoons... and I hope we get many many more.
1.gif

So focus on the positive... you''re getting married
1.gif
Enjoy your day and your mini-moon. When things calm down for you (and I hope they do soon) plan the honeymoon of your dreams.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Applequeen-Thank you for your response! I think you are right, there is an advantage to having the honeymoon a little later. It also gives me something to "look forward to"!

I cannot wait for the 26th!!!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
fhf3eohr! What do you mean by VERY little? You have a place, dress, guests, food, etc., right? As long as you have the basics it''ll be okay! Let us know what we can help you with and try to enjoy the build-up! Woohooo you''re almost there!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results