shape
carat
color
clarity

Freaking out about dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Wedding is 16 days away...
...I just tried on my dress
...and (gasping for air) it''s not zipping up all the way!

I am freeeeaaakkkking out.

What do I do?
Should I bring it in to be taken out and ask her to do it fast?

FI thinks I should just go to the gym twice a day and live on salads and hard boiled eggs for the next two weeks.

I put the dress on, wrapped myself in a sheet, and had FI try to zip me. He got it all the way up (with a ton of effort), but I had significant back cleavage (all together now: ewwwwwww).

I don''t know what to do...what sounds like the better option?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get it altered, you want to be comfortable on your wedding day. Good luck!!
1.gif

Mrs in CA

Rough_Rock
no! don''t freak out. breath! Did you eat lots of salty food at all today? Could you just be really bloated?

If I were you, I would sleep on it and take it in tomorrow to see how much it would need to be let out - if at all.

Don''t worry! Just try to think about it rationaly and know that two weeks from now you''re going to be marrying your best friend and it''s going to be a great day!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Gym and spanx would be my advice. Could you have it turned into a corset back so you could adjust it the day of?

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely try to get it altered. You do not want to be fainting like the ladies in the 1800s from lack of breathing room.

You might also try a shaper like Spanx, I don''t remember your dress, but some of them can take off an inch or so.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Fast....
My advice...Fast like you are Ghandi. Or go to sleep for two weeks and refuse to walk up for anything but water
2.gif

Or ..bite the bullet and get it altered. Honestly, I don''t which is more stessful. I can gain 5 pounds in a week, but I can also lose my 5 pounds in a week.

Or....you could be a 2 dress bride and run and get yourself a new dress!!
31.gif

Seriously, that sucks though. I feel for you. But it will be okay. Go shopping!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would try and get it altered if you can ASAP. No need trying to starve yourself and adding to your stress the week before the wedding!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
yeah.....I was wearing spanx and it still wouldn''t zip up.
23.gif

I even removed my bra....nothing.
I guess I better bring it in. grrr!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry honey. I agree with taking it in and seeing what they can do. I would also increase the gym, cut out salty foods and watch what I eat... but I wouldn''t stress myself out by having that be my only fix.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I would cut out carbs after 3pm all salty and refined foods and essentially eat nothing but salad and chicken or fish for a week.

All else fails get it altered GOOD LUCK :):):)

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
I agree with previous suggestions of getting Spanx (love those things) and seeing if you can get the dress altered a bit. You definitely want to be comfortable on your wedding. I think that it might be a good idea to be conscious of what you are eating (I know that I''m a stress eater, and I can only imagine what you must be feeling with your wedding do close), but DO NOT crash diet! Good luck...it will all work out in the end!

angiety2k

Shiny_Rock
Dont Freak out it will be okay. How far does the zipper go up? If its less than 5 pounds that you need to lose you can tone and lose that extra weight in a week. Also Davids Bridal sells a corset bra that really sucks you in! (my friend went through the same thing she dieted and bought the bra) now everything fits wonderfully for her.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get it altered. Can you imagine if you starved yourself to fit into it and kept fainting on the day? That would be dreadful.

Have it altered and don''t worry anymore.
1.gif

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Two weeks is plenty of time to lose 3 pounds, which is probably all you need to lose! Although, whenever I''m TRYiNG to lose weight it doesn''t work. I would probably take it in and see what they say, but I would also be trying to lose those 3 pounds!!!

My formula is to eat lots of little meals....and a very small dinner. I find when I eat a big dinner I wake up bloated and it lasts the rest of the day. If I eat a small dinner a feel a little thinner in the morning and that motivates me to keep it going!!

Good luck, let us know how it goes!! Either way....letting out the dress or losing a couple lbs, you''ll be gorgeous!!! So don''t stress too much and just smile
9.gif

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Alter it. I had this same problem with an evening gown a couple of weeks ago. Don''t laugh, but I actually had to get DH to bandaged ''the girls'' or it would never have fastened. Within an hour, I was in some real pain. If I''d taken a deep breath there would have been a large explosion of breast.
31.gif
Not pretty. Alter it and be comfortable. You don''t want to remember how awful it was to wear your dress.

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
i think it depends on (1) how disciplined you are; and (2) how well you perform under pressure.
if you''re disciplined and thrive under pressure ... i''d say follow your fiance''s advice.

however, i personally will be too stressed out and end up eating more in the next two weeks, not less.
plus, i think you''ll look better and happier in something that is comfortable.
so ... if i were you, i''ll try to alter the dress.
1.gif

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I would modify my diet.

You don''t have to be hungry to lose weight. You can eat unlimited amounts of fruits and veggies, and then whole grains (not too much) and lean protein. No fatty dressings and such. It really isn''t as hard as it sounds.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure ya''ll really read the post thoroughly. She isn''t talking about a little 3 lbs. or so, or just adding spanx (which she already had on). She said she had back cleavage. In other words she barely got that sucker zipped up and her skin was squeezing out like a sausage.
32.gif

Never fear, it''s not you, it''s the darn dress. Wedding dresses never run true to size. Have it altered and enjoy your day being able to eat AND breath
1.gif
The next 2 weeks are stressful enough. You don''t need to add to it by worrying about every morsel, scheduling gym appointments in the last minute, or trying to stuff you into a corset.

Your dress should fit comfortably. You want to be able to dance the night away, eat a dinner, have a few drinks, and most importantly take a breath once in a while. There''s nothing sexy about a wedding night with a bride that has welts around her ribs
9.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely bring it back to the seamstress. I can''t believe you only have two more weeks to go- I remember when we were both LIW!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I brought it in today! Meanwhile, I''m living on lettuce. lol.

Sap--I know. Time is FLYING. ahhh
32.gif
9.gif

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
I would get it altered.

And also this works like a charm to get rid of 5lbs of water retention!!! (got recipe from the Biggest Loser''s trainer Jillian) Used it week of my wedding and just felt skinnier! Love it and will do it every week I get my dreaded period when i retain water:

Make this every day and drink thruoghout the day for 7 days in a row:

1 teabag of Dandelion Root Tea (can be found in Whole Foods or organic shopping markets)
1 TBS Sugar Free Cranberry Juice (I use Ocean Spray Diet)
2 TBS Lemon Juice
60 oz of distilled water

*I steep the teabag for 15 minutes. Then in a bowl mix everything. Bought a 60oz big water bottle. Pour in and sip throughout the day*

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Alter it. That''s the only way to make CERTAIN it fits. Back cleavage is hard to combat in just 2 weeks. I mean, you could go on a super strict diet/exercise program, but that doesn''t guarantee you''ll fit in it after 16 days. I guess you could always get one of those full body wrap things, but those stop being effective as soon as you drink water. Really, the SAFEST way to go is letting it out a bit.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
You guys! Read above...I brought it in already!
3.gif

All very good points though!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 9:25:45 PM
Author: Neveah
I would get it altered.

And also this works like a charm to get rid of 5lbs of water retention!!! (got recipe from the Biggest Loser''s trainer Jillian) Used it week of my wedding and just felt skinnier! Love it and will do it every week I get my dreaded period when i retain water:

Make this every day and drink thruoghout the day for 7 days in a row:

1 teabag of Dandelion Root Tea (can be found in Whole Foods or organic shopping markets)
1 TBS Sugar Free Cranberry Juice (I use Ocean Spray Diet)
2 TBS Lemon Juice
60 oz of distilled water

*I steep the teabag for 15 minutes. Then in a bowl mix everything. Bought a 60oz big water bottle. Pour in and sip throughout the day*
Awesome! I''ll try anything at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results