shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Today I am testing out Hermes Eau de Merveilles. Any lovers of that one on here? My favorite is Chanel Coco, but there are times when it feels like too much. I'd like to find a little bit of a lighter more casual fragrance. So far I am enjoying it very much!

I love Eau des Merveilles, Elixir des Merveilles, and Ambre des Merveilles. My favorite Merveilles is Eau Claire des Merveilles, but it's discontinued, so I use that one more sparingly than the others.

And I love Chanel Coco (mostly the EDT), Dior Poison and Hypnotic Poison, and Kilian Back in Black. My favorites right now, though, are my various Merveilles and Hindu Kush and Tabac by La Via del Profumo (https://www.luckyscent.com/brand/816/la-via-del-profumo).

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
...and today I'm all about Chanel No. 5 (bath gel, followed by body cream). I can't believe I used to detest No. 5. Just goes to show you how perception can change over time. :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The wind died down and the sun came out today but still cool and damp. Brought out the Lys Mediterranee. It just makes me think of spring.
Think I need more white floral scents in my world. Would love some spring floral suggestions. Has anyone tried the new Labo Baie? I have never purchased from this house but the the scent profile intrigues me.

Lys Mediteranee is my favorite beach scent.

I havent tried LeLabo's new one yet. Their boutique is in Miami which is a haul for me. Last that I looked none of the stores in Palm Beach carried the line. I won't be in Miami until December, but will swing by there for a sniff.

I think you should definitely sample. They're not a house I typically purchase from as the scents at least to me don't match up to the price they're asking.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I love Eau des Merveilles, Elixir des Merveilles, and Ambre des Merveilles. My favorite Merveilles is Eau Claire des Merveilles, but it's discontinued, so I use that one more sparingly than the others.

And I love Chanel Coco (mostly the EDT), Dior Poison and Hypnotic Poison, and Kilian Back in Black. My favorites right now, though, are my various Merveilles and Hindu Kush and Tabac by La Via del Profumo (https://www.luckyscent.com/brand/816/la-via-del-profumo).

It sounds like we have very similar taste in fragrances! I will check out the other ones you have mentioned!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
...and today I'm all about Chanel No. 5 (bath gel, followed by body cream). I can't believe I used to detest No. 5. Just goes to show you how perception can change over time. :)
I need to try that one again. I guess it's iconic for a reason!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just bought Chanel No. 5 body lotion. Gosh how I've missed it!

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Pour un Femme de Caron (I got myself a few of these (EDP + Parfum) Sometimes I forget how intense the orange can be, today it let itself be known! An amazingly beautiful smoked rose. :kiss2:

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Did anyone see that L'artisan is discontinuing 22 fragrance products. If you like Merchant Loupe or Safran Troublant, you might want to purchase a backup bottle or two.

This is very upsetting news on a Sunday morning! Safran Troublant is one of my favorites. I’ll wear it today in defiance.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Today I am trying out Jour d'Hermes. I'm curious if anyone here wears this. I don't usually go for florals, but I think this is lovely. After more research, it looks like this has citrus notes in it, which is probably why I like it. I think of it as a summer/spring fragrance. It is very feminine in my opinion. Thinking about asking for this one as well as Hermes Eau de Merveilles for Christmas.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Today I am trying out Jour d'Hermes. I'm curious if anyone here wears this. I don't usually go for florals, but I think this is lovely. After more research, it looks like this has citrus notes in it, which is probably why I like it. I think of it as a summer/spring fragrance. It is very feminine in my opinion. Thinking about asking for this one as well as Hermes Eau de Merveilles for Christmas.

I have it! To me, it’s such a happy scent. I have two “it’s a beautiful and sunny day and I’m in a great mood” perfumes and that’s one of them.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I have it! To me, it’s such a happy scent. I have two “it’s a beautiful and sunny day and I’m in a great mood” perfumes and that’s one of them.

Yes! That is how I see it too, a very happy scent!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its been a chilly few days here which I've been loving. Funny enough I see folks in boots and puffy coats (no joke!) and then there's the rest of us with MAYBE long pants on. Chilly but not blizzard conditions.. no need for a big puffy coat...lol

Anyway Today I chose to layer Les Neriedes Patchouli Antique with Annick Goutal Sables. My goodness. this is such a good mix! both of these are the older scents. Sables in the new bottles is much more of an easy wear then the original bottle. Still, i do love the giant maple syrup smell out of this even though I can seriously only wear a spray at a time and then only on colder days.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hermès Paprika Brasil. Seems to be a disappointment for many perfumistas, but I love it on those dreary, humid, cold November days... Have you tried it, @missy? Somehow I think you might like it because (to me) it's the autumn counterpart of vétiver tonka...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hermès Paprika Brasil. Seems to be a disappointment for many perfumistas, but I love it on those dreary, humid, cold November days... Have you tried it, @missy? Somehow I think you might like it because (to me) it's the autumn counterpart of vétiver tonka...

Yes I love it. Thanks for thinking of me kipari ❤️

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I don't usually wear perfume. But when I do, my favourite is Hypnotic Poison. <3 I could bathe in that stuff quite happily. But I wouldn't because it's so strong.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Molinard Habanita L'Esprit with the drier air I def. get less powder (its still powdery) The nutmeg though..... :kiss2: Really love this scent. working to aquire another bottle!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Molinard Habanita L'Esprit with the drier air I def. get less powder (its still powdery) The nutmeg though..... :kiss2: Really love this scent. working to aquire another bottle!

Oh, you've inspired me -- I think my choice today will be Molinard Habanita EDP. It's such an intriguing scent on me, and it should go nicely with today's cooler weather.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am getting the holiday spirit with a sample of Phaedon Tabac Rouge. The cinnamon note reminds me of the holidays.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sneezing my head off, so no frags today.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Same old same old..but I like it. Brisk cold day...walking..... EL youth dew body crème......luxe scent old school, creamy fragrant in a gorgeous jar. Good on ya EL

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Same old same old..but I like it. Brisk cold day...walking..... EL youth dew body crème......luxe scent old school, creamy fragrant in a gorgeous jar. Good on ya EL

cheers--Sharon

I envy people that can wear Youthdew so well.

I'm on a very oddball violet kick. Chanel Misia today.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to follow this thread religiously, but then dropped out of it. I had to pop in today to say that while on Greenwich Avenue in Greenwich, Connecticut today, looking for a birthday card, I spied a store I had never seen before. I had to go in because it was Le Labo! I somehow obtained Le Labo "vanille" a few years ago and I found out how to get more (not that I will need more anytime soon) from the workers in the store. They said that they would refill a bottle at anytime, but that September was the month when "vanille" was available. At Le Labo stores everywhere. I had had no idea. Did you perfume experts?

Reactions: AV_

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to follow this thread religiously, but then dropped out of it. I had to pop in today to say that while on Greenwich Avenue in Greenwich, Connecticut today, looking for a birthday card, I spied a store I had never seen before. I had to go in because it was Le Labo! I somehow obtained Le Labo "vanille" a few years ago and I found out how to get more (not that I will need more anytime soon) from the workers in the store. They said that they would refill a bottle at anytime, but that September was the month when "vanille" was available. At Le Labo stores everywhere. I had had no idea. Did you perfume experts?

Its an every year event far as I know. August they do the samples, then September are the full bottles. Vanille 44 is the Paris exclusive. This year they release Tabac 28 which is the Miami exclusive.

Personally I think its silly to have these exclusives that are out of reach except one time of year but what do I know.....lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Traveling today. wearing Chanel Beige.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guerlain Spiritueuse double vanille

Love it, but never bought a FB. I feel it's a slight variation of l'AP Tea for Two on my skin. A bit softer, a bit more vanilla, three times the price. So for the moment I enjoy it, but don't feel the need to buy a (huge) bottle.I wish they came in 30 or 50 ml

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guerlain Spiritueuse double vanille

Love it, but never bought a FB. I feel it's a slight variation of l'AP Tea for Two on my skin. A bit softer, a bit more vanilla, three times the price. So for the moment I enjoy it, but don't feel the need to buy a (huge) bottle.I wish they came in 30 or 50 ml

Amazingly I never really clicked with it though its VERY lovely. One I did click with (kinda kicking myself I never purchased) was Elixir Charnel Oriental Brulant. Thought it was too sweet at first but then the magic happened.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since we aren't cycling now (too wet and cold) I am back to wearing perfume and it is very yummy.
Today I am wearing an oldie but a goodie. Tihota. For me this perfume is magical and purely delicious. One of my HG perfumes.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used a children's shampoo and conditioner combination with a coconut scent on my hair today in the shower, so I decided to try a scent I had owned but never opened: Demeter's Hawaiian Vanilla. It smelled like pineapple at first. It did smell tropical to me. Very nice. I heard about it in this thread, eons ago. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results